Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Discharge question... TMI

AggieBeth06AggieBeth06 member
edited March 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
For the last two days I have had a semi thick discharge (it sticks slightly to TP of I blot what is wiped with another piece of TP). I can detect a different smell although not quite foul. My labia feels kind of raw, which I guess could just be because of the moisture.

I normally would call my doctor but I don't really feel comfortable calling right now because she has made me feel impish for asking questions lately... And I really don't want to feel stupid for asking what I feel like is a reasonable question given the utter lack of direction and concern she has exhibited...

I don't have any fever. I did feel wiped out after grocery shopping, but that could be totally unrelated.

It is clear/red/orange-tinted. Perhaps a little brown? It's hard to describe.

How concerned would you be? How long would you wait to insist on being seen?

No one is monitoring my HCG. My doctor initially was not sure she got all the tissue because my uterus is retroflexed. She is sure she got all the sac. I had multiple tears to my cervix which were stitched (although I do not know how many or to what extent). My D&C was 2 weeks ago. I had a follow up last week and the transvaginal ultrasound looked clear, apparently.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

Re: Discharge question... TMI

• Options
    This sounds like what I'm dealing with. It goes away and picks up again. I think the liners are irritating me. I remember my bleeding with my 1st daughter lasting 5 weeks or so and would change in color. I tease that the smell is of a "wet dog".

I understand not wanting to call. I've bugged my doc so much lately I tease that they wrote PITA on my file. Thankfully my OB nurse is awesome.

• Options
    qanda2013 said:

When did you stop bleeding post OP? Fif they use dissolveable stitches?
    Is your ob in a group or private practice? I wonder if there is a midwife or nurse you could talk to instead.
    I am so sorry you are having to deal with thistwo weeks later:(

Initially I stopped the next day but they gave me cytotec and I don't think it did much, although I bled for a week pretty consistently. I stopped for a day, then spotted for several. Now this.

She is in a practice. I'm nervous to see another doctor just in case I go back to her. I feel like that would be weird. Maybe I'm wrong.

@nohalo21‌ - I thought that too but then I went without trying to let myself heal in case it was contact dermatitis from the pad. It got worse.

Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120

All Welcome

Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man that sucks. It's not that bad for me, just uncomfortable.
  • Options
    It's not severe. I guess I'm just on alert because I feel like I need to look out for myself since I don't feel like my doctor is.

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    Understood. It's sad that you have to feel that way. Don't worry about bothering them. That's their job. I would call the nurse line and just ask. They may have some ideas.
  • Options
    I'll wait until Monday unless something develops because there's not a nurse line over the weekend (they page the doctor).

Thanks.

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    May I ask before you became pregnant was this the time of the month you normally get your period?

I'm getting a lot of discharge as well but I know I'm meant to get my period in a week & I've just put it down to my body cleaning its self out. I know though if it starts to get funky smelling thigh to see a doctor because that's a clear sign of infection.

Hope you feel better soon x
  • Options
    I was advised: If you start to feel faint or develop a fever go in immediately because there may be some sort of infection. My bleeding after the D&C was a bit strange too, similar to what you described. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope it's all over soon!
  • Options
    Thanks all

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    I am 2&1/2 weeks post d&c and I too have noticed a lot of discharge of the clear/tinged and thick variety over the last few days like @eveiii I chalk it up to the body clearing everything out.

Hope it turns out to be nothing, you have been through enough with this. hugs.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    Have you ever had yeast infections previously? Sounds like it could be that - but definitely would need to talk to a doc before using any of the medications. Hope everything starts to get better and your doc is a little more understanding! (Hugs)

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks. I had them pretty bad in pregnancy with DS but not usually. I doesn't smell like a YI typically does, but it could.

It's not as angry as it was Friday. We'll see how it continues over the next day. :)

All Welcome

Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"