Pregnant after a Loss

Not sure where I belong right now...

Hello Ladies.  I got my BFP at 10 dpo and went in for a beta at 11 dpo.  I just received a call it is at a 10 and progesterone is 3.  I figure those numbers are a little low and not sure what's going on.  I guess I have to wait and see what happens.  I'll be getting a second beta on Monday.  I just want this to be it.  I don't want to go through another heartache.  Anyone who started out with low betas and is having a successful pregnancy?  Please share your story.  Perhaps it can give me hope that this will be my take home baby.  

A little background.  My husband and I are both 29 and been married almost a year.  We were best friends for over 10 years before we decided to make our friendship a relationship.  I like the outdoors, my dogs, and reading.  I look forward to staying on this board and getting to know you ladies!!
RPL Panel, CD 3 BW, Karyotype, SIS all normal, We have a PLAN!
Romans 8:18-For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Re: Not sure where I belong right now...

• I didn't do betas with this pregnancy but I just wanted to offer some (((hugs))). Sending lots of t&ps that this is your rainbow baby!

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • Adding my good thoughts for you!

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Loading the player...
  • No experience either, just offering (((hugs)))!!
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thank you ladies for the well wishes and prayers.  I really appreciate it.

@Qfrump-I did discuss this with him and he didn't seem concerned about it at all.  He said if I could get pregnant once, there was no need to commence with bloodwork as a CP happening a second time would be unlikely.  Now that I'm faced with this again, I'm starting to wonder if he's just to relaxed about this or hesitant on prescribing progesterone.  When they called to tell me the progesterone was 3, I did question it and voiced my concern that this was too low and perhaps some medication might be good.  His nurse said he had signed the labs off as normal and had said this was OK for this early in pregnancy.  I don't know what to think right now.  Just sitting tight and hoping for the best.
    Romans 8:18-For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

• I had my first beta at 9dpo and it was 28. Slightly higher than yours, but of course, there's variation and it's possible I just implanted earlier than you did.
  • LM915LM915 member
    I am not familiar with betas, but I just wanted to say good luck and I hope that you get to stay here!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • I got a beta done around 13 dpo and it was only 48, so it was probably around 10 like yours when I got my BFP.  It's crazy how sensitive pregnancy tests are!  It's all about the rise, I hope you get good news after Monday. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sunflwrasunflwra member
    edited March 2014

I got my beta and progesterone done at 10DPO- beta was 32 and progesterone was 25.  My OB did tell me before we got the results that she was looking for the progesterone to be more than 12. I would think, based on that comment, that she would have wanted to do something if it wasn't at that level, but I obviously don't know that for sure. I've had a previously successful pregnancy and the bloodwork was only taken because I had a second tri loss last time, so not sure if that makes a difference either. GL!

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• voplovoplo member
    I don't have any useful advice, but I hope everything goes ok :) HUGS!

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • ***lurking*** First, all betas start at zero and have to go up from there. Second, find a different OB. You deserve a doctor who will listen to your concerns. From what I have seen on this board, 3 is a low number for progesterone. Progesterone supplements are not something that doctors are concerned about causing harm (the standard line seems to be "can't hurt but it may help") and I am surprised that your doctor is refusing to prescribe you progesterone with your short LP and with a low number.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • UPDATE:  Thank you ladies for your feedback. As of now, pregnancy tests are getting darker and no sign of AF.  This is good.  With my CP I started spotting at 13 DPO, which is where I'm at today, and I actually had a temp increase.  Either way, I'm having another draw on Monday and an appointment to go over the BW that afternoon.  I think for now he's taking this approach as he says I'm so early on, but come Monday if I have good betas and low progesterone, he's going to hear it from me if he refuses to do anything.  I'll definitely be going somewhere else for a second opinion.  I'm just worried no other doctor will take me ASAP since I'm not an established patient.  We'll see what happens.  I hope I get to stick around on this board!

• I'm not familiar with betas, but your update sounds promising and I hope you will sticking around too :) (((hugs)))
    ~All are welcome~
    MC 23/01/2013 natural @ 7 Weeks

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 10dpo is still very early. Crossing fingers for you that your beta number goes up and up. I've been where you are (in beta hell and low progesterone) and the waiting game is no fun at all. Hugs to you.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• I think you have a good plan, if the progesterone is still low I would push your doctor for supplements. My level was 11 and my doctor was hesitant to prescribe too. I met with her voiced my concerns and really there is no harm in them prescribing. If in my case they still refused I would have seeked a different doctor out.

Be your own advocate and go with your gut!

• Keep your head up and I hope the rest of the weekend goes by fast. Sending t&p's for a good rise in your numbers.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"