Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Ovulation Kit After Miscarriage

lisav1020lisav1020 member
edited March 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
My husband and I went in for our 11 week sonogram and found out baby's heart stopped beating, had a D&C on February 24th.  Since that time not sure if I have had ovulation or a period since there has been all sorts of weird stuff going on and husband and I stayed away from intercourse until I was seen by my doctor.  Went for my checkup on March 19th and doc said everything looked good, husband and I bought an ovulation predictor kit that day, which was negative, and we started having intercourse again.  Took the Ovulation kit again yesterday was negative in the morning but felt like I was getting my period or about to ovulate so check it again when I got home from work and it was positive.  Today I have bleeding, what the heck is going on. How can I have a positive test yesterday but bleeding today.  Has this happened to anyone, does anyone know what this means? Having a miscarriage was hard enough but trying to figure out what my body is doing now is so frustrating.

Re: Ovulation Kit After Miscarriage

• Options
    I have not had experience with OPKs, but some of the women on the TTC or TTCAL (after a loss) boards might be able to answer that better since more of them are actively charting and are pretty good resources for things like that. I'm sorry it's been so frustrating, I hope you get some answers soon.
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it!  This has def been such a frustrating process especially when my husband and I want nothing more than to be parents, they don't teach you this stuff when you are younger!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That has not happened to me. I actually used an OPK at the beginning of this week. One had two lines but the one wasn't even close to being similar to the test line, so I am assuming I'm not ovulating. I m/ced on Feb. 20, so I understand how you are feeling about wanting to know what is going on. Not sure why yours was negative and then positive. Was your Hcg level followed down to 0? Also did you use the OPK with lines or the digital one? If I got a reading like that I might try again with the digital OPK so it doesn't leave any room for interpretation.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    That's interesting, I'm not sure. I have been told OPKs are not 100% accurate. Maybe it was a false reading?
  • Options
    The other thing I just remembered was to check that your OPK has not expired.  Once I used a pregnancy test that I didn't realize had expired and it gave me a false BFN.  I know that OPKs also have an expiration date.  If you can't figure out why this is happening, I would call the doctor just to let him/her know about your concerns.  Good luck!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    OPKs can be tricky, agree with PP who recommended digital and PP who recommended TTCAL. good luck.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"