Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Just miscarried... have some questions

DH and I had been TTC since December.  We finally got a positive test this month, and at just 5 weeks, we lost the baby two days ago.  He took me in to the doctor, hoping our little one might be surviving, but she confirmed the miscarry.  I was too upset to think of questions while we were there, and google has advised me on no tampons or sex until bleeding stops.  She didn't tell me any of this!  I still am curious though, I see that lots of other girls have been able to get pregnant again as early as two weeks after their miscarriage.  Is this two weeks after the bleeding stops or two weeks after the date of the miscarriage?  I am expecting to bleed for about two weeks (I think that's average) so I'm not sure when we can try again.  My fertility friend is all whacked out now... not able to predict an upcoming ovulation date or fertile days...

This is the most awful experience!  I feel confused as to why this is hurting so much when it was such an early loss.  How are you guys all coping?  DH has been amazing, but I know you all understand what it is like to go through this. 
Praying we can all have healthy little ones soon,
B

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Just miscarried... have some questions

• AggieBeth06AggieBeth06 member
    edited March 2014
    I am so sorry for your loss. :(

I'm not sure if your doc said this to you or not - but if you run a fever or fill more than a pad an hour for an hour or more, get to an ER immediately.

It will be very tough to predict an O because your hormones are nuts, but I have read that there is a fertile window right after a natural MC. There's no way to predict how your body is going to adjust.

Also, a loss is a loss. Allow yourselves to grieve. Women who have chemical pregnancies (earliest loss) are just as entitled to grieve as someone who has a later loss.... Although the process and pain maybe different. It is ok to hurt and ok to be excited to try again.

Just in case - if you post on TTCAL, be careful with your words. To some women it would be offensive to hear "finally" in conjunction with a BFP after only 3 cycles. There are ladies who have struggled with the process for a long time. 3 cycles is below average, and reading that feels like a slap to women who have been trying for many cycles (upwards of years sometimes).

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• I am so sorry for your loss. I would call your doctor back with your questions. each woman and pregancy loss is different and your doctor can best tell you what is in your best interest.

As for me my doctor asked that we wait once full cycle post miscarriage before TTC.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss. Everyone is different and my OB told me bleeding after natural mc can last up to 6 weeks. I don't think anyone can predict what your next cycle will be like as it I'll be different for everyone. I had a D&C, but my OB told me my cycles following could be anywhere from 3-12 weeks.
    TTC since 5/13
    BFP 1/23 
    MMC 3/4
    D&C-3/12 
    Currently NTNP
  • Im so sorry for your loss, we lost our little one in Nov at 8 weeks and it was extremely heart wrenching so we are all here for you.

As others have stated, my OB advised we wait one FULL cycle before we try again and I bled for about a week to a week and a half AFTER confirmed MC … I bled for about 3-4 days leading to an official "diagnosis" of MC …

Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  Like the PPs have said,  every m/c is totally different, so only a medical professional can really say what is the best TTCAL plan for you.  I have had two m/cs and received different advice each time based on the circumstances.  Also, I used Fertility Friend and after m/c, it can not predict your O times or cycle until you get a new period.  Just be patient with yourself and take some time to breathe and relax.  All m/cs are so stressful and I've found that I have been better at coping with TTCAL after I've taken a bit of a break for myself and DH.  Welcome to the board.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"