Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Question about cramping

Hey gals,
I'm only 5 weeks, 4 days. I have been having cramping up in my diaphragm area which seems odd to me. No spotting, and no cramps in my pelvis. The cramping is center, not one side or the other. It is literally up in between my ribs to down and across my belly button. I did not have any cramps with my last pregnancy and made it to twelve weeks and would have thought everything was fine without the ultrasound. It is bad enough I'm in the bathroom at work trying to tough it out. It has been constant and getting worse since about noon. Has anyone experienced this?
Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Question about cramping

• Options
    I hate to say this....but it sounds a little more like a gastro issue than pregnancy-related. My tummy trouble always starts high like that. I think if you had something to worry about it would be much lower. Hope it turns out to be nothing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

I hate to say this....but it sounds a little more like a gastro issue than pregnancy-related. My tummy trouble always starts high like that. I think if you had something to worry about it would be much lower. Hope it turns out to be nothing!

I agree with this. (((Hugs)))

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am glad it is not most likely pregnancy related, I really wasn't as worried about that because of the location. Prob tmi but I have been having really loose stools all day. I don't know what in the heck is going on, but I will take any pain in the world....Heck, I would chew on concrete with all my might for the next 8 months if it gets me a take home baby! Just didn't know if anyone had been through something similar and what it ended up being. I really am not a complainer, it just keeps almost doubling me over while I am trying to take care of my patients and I am getting frustrated. Thanks for the support ladies!

• Options
    KMW08KMW08 member
    I was going to ask if you were constipated, but obviously not since you said loose stools. Maybe it could be gas?? Just stay hydrated. I had diarrhea really bad a couple of days ago & hadn't ate anything abnormal. *shrugs*

Hope you start feeling better.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    I agree with pp, more gastro than pregnancy from the sound of it. I've had gas pains that were really painful before. If you're worried though it never hurts to call. That's what they're there for. I hope you get some relief soon!
  • Options
    I had a lot of gastro issues early on (still do occasionally). I had diarrhea at first and then the constipation took over. It was brutal.
  • Options
    voplovoplo member
    During the first trimester I had a lot of pain in my bellybutton, just under. Also quite a bit on my stomach...and left side.. So much I had to go to my doctor. It resulted to be a lot of gas, embarrassing, but oh well...you never know, right?  Better play safe. For me worked to stop drinking pop and go to just plain water... Still I think twice before drinking anything with gas :)

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • Options
    It sounds gastro related. Believe it or not, you can actually be constipated but be having loose stools (there is sometimes a blockage and just the loose stuff is getting by). If it is constant or worsening, I would consider calling your doctor, just to make sure it isn't anything serious. 
    TTC Since August, 2013
    BFP#1 11/2/2013 EDD 7/14/2014 MMC discovered at 8w3d (baby stopped growing at 6w2d)
    BFP#2 2/4/2014 EDD 10/15/2014 please stick little one!

• Options
    Thank you so much for letting me ask such an embarrassing question and offering so much support!

• Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon!
    BFP #2 3/19/14      EDD: 11/28/14
     Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel  3/6/14  IUI #3 (plus 2x acupuncture)

Team Pink!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 7/22/13   EDD 3/29/14   MMC 8/13/13
      Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image      image
    ALL ARE WELCOME
  • Options
    I am glad it is not most likely pregnancy related, I really wasn't as worried about that because of the location. Prob tmi but I have been having really loose stools all day. I don't know what in the heck is going on, but I will take any pain in the world....Heck, I would chew on concrete with all my might for the next 8 months if it gets me a take home baby! Just didn't know if anyone had been through something similar and what it ended up being. I really am not a complainer, it just keeps almost doubling me over while I am trying to take care of my patients and I am getting frustrated. Thanks for the support ladies!
    I had similar cramps as well as loose stools around that time too! I have no idea where it came from (ie hadn't eaten anything out of the ordinary), but all is well now, so I hope that brings you some comfort. It was super scary when it was happening though, for sure... are you feeling better now?
    ~All are welcome~
    MC 23/01/2013 natural @ 7 Weeks

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    It doesn't seem preg related to me either. With your growing uterus and changes in hormones, there's a lot getting jumbled in there. Try not to worry and call your doc Monday to put your mind at ease.
  • Options
    @LifeofCat‌ thank you for asking! I'm feeling much better I think it may be some crazy heartburn but I don't know. Only happens when I eat too much. Thank you everyone for the kind words!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"