Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby Hair loss??

My baby boy (5 weeks old) has recently started going bald. Okay, not totally..but his hairline is receding pretty quick.  Do all babies go through this?

Re: Baby Hair loss??

• Not all, but it's really common. My poor little guy lost all the hair on top of his head and at his temples at about 3 weeks old. It's starting to come back now (he's 7 weeks now). Some babies lose it all and it can grow back a completely different color or texture. Just part of the fun of babies...they like to throw you for a loop.
  • DD1 was born with a full head of hair and never lost any of it. We started haircuts at 10 months with her.

DD2 was also born with hair, but has lost quite a bit and has some spots that are now pretty long and some spots that are just fuzz.

It really depends on the baby
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with above. DS. 2 born with full hair. Never lost a bit. It's so long now.

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • I agree with above. DS. 2 born with full hair. Never lost a bit. It's so long now.

wow, look at that head full of hair!
  • I think it happens. DD lost some hair at the back and then at the side when she was younger. Probably due to sleeping/ lying down a lot. Now she has thick and long hair. ;)
  • DS was born with a full head of dark hair. Within the first few months, he lost it all and was completely bald for nearly a year. Then his hair grew back but much lighter. He's almost blonde now! I think it's normal for babies to lose their hair.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Yep, pretty normal. Our LO was born with a full head of very fine, reddish hair... within the first two months most of that fell out (except a small fringe at the neck) and came back in thicker and more of a light brown. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"