Infertility

What are the odds IUI would work with these analysis results?

About to do another analysis. Had a reversal and this was the first results. Is it hopeless? Been 8years since the reversal. No pregnancies. 

Re: What are the odds IUI would work with these analysis results?

• pblgepblge member
    I'm confused--is this an 8 year old sperm analysis, or you've been trying for eight years and just got your first analysis done? Has OH done anything (supplements, medication, behavioral changes) to improve his samples?
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • A pregnancy isn't out of the question, but unfortunately I don't think that you would find much luck with IUI. The numbers themselves aren't very high, and with motility so low, it's not likely that they would be able to reach the egg, even with an IUI. The morphology is low as well, which is debatable as to whether or not it's important or not, but it's very low. With a reversal, the likelihood of antibodies is very high, which will mostly affect the motility, as it will cause the sperm to clump together, or otherwise hinder their movement. Unfortunately (as noted on the SA), the number of motile sperm was too low to test for antibodies, which is very common when dealing with antisperm antibodies.

There are a few treatments for issues such as these, but I'd suggest getting a referral to a urologist who specializes in MFI (the urologist who performed the VR would probably be able to send you in the right direction, or your RE), but keep in mind that it takes at least 3 months before you start to see any difference in an SA after starting treatment. As well, there may be other factors coming into play, so make sure to get a full work up for both of you.

I'm sorry I don't have more hopeful news (trust me, as we're dealing with very similar numbers and antibodies, though DH never had a vasectomy) but I hope that you're able to find somebody to help you get some answers and maybe a treatment that will work! We've spent the last 2.5 years trying to find a treatment that will help DH, but we're headed to IVF/ICSI in May anyways. Honestly, I wish we would have gone straight to IVF, but DH needed the time to do the treatments before he felt "ready", which I respect. In the end though, we were able to increase his total numbers so that we have a better selection for ICSI, so it wasn't a total loss?
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Loading the player...
  • Got reversal done in 2006. Analysis in 2009. and will have another analysis next week. 
  • Been trying for 8 years. Done pressed. Ovulation kits, Tests. vitamins. etc. She has a full work up and is fine. I'm the one with the issue. I don't take hot baths, wear loose under ware. etc. etc etc
  • Pre-seed not pressed lol. stupid auto correct. 
  • Glad you've both been checked out! Unfortunately, sometimes lifestyle doesn't always play a role. (I wish it were that easy!) I think seeing an MFI urologist would be your best bet, as they'll be able to do all the testing on yourself (not just the SA, but bloodwork and genetic testing, etc) since there might be something else going on that could be causing issues, as opposed to just the VR. (And hormonal issues are much more easily treated than an injury/VR!) Hopefully your SA next week has better results!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Thanks! It's now month 98... not that we're counting or anything lol
  • Whats the 2%? is that a bad thing?  I don't speak anything medical lol
  • We're all counting, not to worry! :p

The 2% is the motility. To be within range, it should be 40% or above. That means that 2% of the sperm in the sample are moving. It noted in the SA that they were "twitching" as movement, which isn't very good, but acceptable for ICSI I believe? I see that the sample was collected off site, correct? I'd see if you can get the sample collected at the lab for your next SA, because if the sample gets cold, or there's too much time between collection and the analysis, it can affect the motility, particularly if there are antibodies. (Because the longer the sperm are in contact with each other, the more likely the antibodies are going to affect the surrounding sperm, and the antibodies will start to affect the motility of the sperm as soon as they are ejaculated.)
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

• Skip the IUIs. IMO in any case of MFI unless your insurance covers them, skip IUIs. We were entirely OOP and did two, ended up wasting a lot of money when we should've just gone straight to IVF w/ ICSI.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"