April 2013 Moms
Options

What to do with well used baby clothes?

edited March 2014 in April 2013 Moms
Now that Logan is growing slower he is wearing out his clothes more. What should I do with them? I was going to donate them to the church down the street, but some are worn and faded. No holes. One pair of jammies has some strawberry stains. Should I just toss them?
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

What to do with well used baby clothes? 59 votes

Donate to the church.
72% 43 votes
Trash.
15% 9 votes
SS. Please explain. :)
11% 7 votes

Re: What to do with well used baby clothes?

• Options
    If they're serviceable, I would donate them, even if they're not perfect. Or you could offer them on Freecycle (https://www.freecycle.org/) if you have that in your area and explain that the clothes are somewhat worn.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Donate them and let them decide.
  • Options
    Are you asking about just the stained clothes, or all the clothes?  I"d donate everything and let the church or goodwill go through them and decide. Somebody can probably use things that are well-worn but still wearable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm donating it all. I wasn't sure if I should trash the worn stuff, though.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    doeie04 said:
    I'm donating it all. I wasn't sure if I should trash the worn stuff, though.
    I would let them decide.  Again, if it is no holes, just scuffs, somebody could still benefit from it (and if not, THEY will throw it).  There is so much need in the world, I'm sure somebody would be thrilled to have it... especially because their kid is probably only going to wear it a few times too!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

His stuff from Burberry, Oscar de la Renta, Uggs, and Armani (not bought by me) will be sold on ebay.  The other stuff will be donated.  This is of course if baby # 2 is a girl.

Does your son seriously have baby clothes from Burberry? I didn't realize they made baby clothes. Wow. I feel like my kids have been cheated with their Target-brands wardrobes.

OP. If not stained or worn through, I'd donate them. We have hand me downs for my kids that are pretty worn. For around the house, I don't care that it's faded.
  • Options

@kate_c my brother and his wife are very wealthy and have no children .  They send my son a wardrobe from the aforementioned brands every season and every size change.  The stuff from Burberry is horrible (buttons in the back, coarse material, etc.).  Armani and Oscar are almost just as bad.  I only put him in the clothes for pictures to send to them.  They do send an ass load of Polo stuff though and that by far is my favorite brand for him.  However, if I'm buying, he gets Target, Old Navy, or Carters.

Did you tell them their $ is better spent on his college fund? So funny what people without kids will buy... Often so impractical as to be ridiculous. And I was totally that person before I had kids (minus the designer labels!). One of many things about my pre-kid self that makes me shake my head.
  • Options
    I will donate it. :)

We plan on having more kids, so I save my favorite stuff and donate the rest.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"