Secondary IF

the good, the bad, and the bearable

SO!

First of all, sorry I have been hit or miss here, I have been stressed to the max this week! Between waiting anxiously for results and dealing with DD's pos sperm donor, it has been a week from hell.

The bad news first... I went in and had the results to my blood work this morning. The hpt def was a falsie :/ and I was dx with PCOS... she said I am not ovulating correctly, and this is why.

The good news is that after 4 years and 3 obgyn's later, we now have SOME answers as to wtf is wrong!

The bearable... I am going to be doing my 1st round of Clomid this month. She said to take it on Cd5-9 which means I will start it on Sunday. Any insight on any kind of experience with this is helpful (she said it may upset my tummy and give me the runs) and I also am starting metformin, she said with the PCOS, my insulin levels aren't where they should be, which is also another contributing factor to not ovulating right... So for the first 2 weeks she said to take once a day, and then after that it will be twice a day... It could be a lot worse, so I am willing to accept all of this!

I have a lot of research to do to get educated thoroughly on PCOS, if you have any insight on the most informative sites, I would really appreciate it!

I hope everyone is having a good Friday... bring on the weekend! :)

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: the good, the bad, and the bearable

• Take the Clomid at the same time each night right before bed.

How did she concluded that you have PCOS?
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Take the Clomid at the same time each night right before bed. How did she concluded that you have PCOS?
    I am not really sure, she was kinda vague... She said that my bloodwork came back that I am not ovulating, and I have a long history of irregular periods, cysts on my ovaries, swollen ovaries ( from my recent pap) I have had horrible weight gain, and terrible acne that just keeps getting worse no matter what I seem to do for it, all which have been thoroughly discussed with her... anyways as we were talking and going over the medications, she explained Clomid, and then she said "I am going to put you on another medication, with the PCOS, and your insulin levels, those both contribute to ovulation problems..."

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • You will probably feel like Linda Blair (the exorcist) on the clomid. It will make you want to cry and then fly off the handle! It gave me heat flashes.

It's a good drug. It works. But "mood swings" does not to begin to describe the crazy you will feel.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• ^^ agree 1000%

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Metformin made me way more sick than clomid ever did.  And since you only take clomid for a few days, the hot flashes and mood swings aren't too unbearable.  But brace yourself for the met.  Stay close to a bathroom for the first few days and try not to eat greasy/fatty or sugary foods for a little while.  

Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Metformin made me way more sick than clomid ever did.  And since you only take clomid for a few days, the hot flashes and mood swings aren't too unbearable.  But brace yourself for the met.  Stay close to a bathroom for the first few days and try not to eat greasy/fatty or sugary foods for a little while.  

Now I am not so sure I wanna take it lol, but I really have no choice in the matter lol

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• SassFrass said:
    Metformin made me way more sick than clomid ever did.  And since you only take clomid for a few days, the hot flashes and mood swings aren't too unbearable.  But brace yourself for the met.  Stay close to a bathroom for the first few days and try not to eat greasy/fatty or sugary foods for a little while.  

Now I am not so sure I wanna take it lol, but I really have no choice in the matter lol
    It's worth it!  And the feeling sick does subside with time.  You'll get used to it, so stick with it.  I thought I was going to die from how sick I was the very first dose I ever took, but now I'm on the full dosage and am fine with it.  
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!

• SassFrass said:

Metformin made me way more sick than clomid ever did.  And since you only take clomid for a few days, the hot flashes and mood swings aren't too unbearable.  But brace yourself for the met.  Stay close to a bathroom for the first few days and try not to eat greasy/fatty or sugary foods for a little while.  

It's worth it!  And the feeling sick does subside with time.  You'll get used to it, so stick with it.  I thought I was going to die from how sick I was the very first dose I ever took, but now I'm on the full dosage and am fine with it.  

I havent really had any probs so far, so that's a good thing!:)

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• When I took Metformin I had to take the "time release" one, otherwise it tore my stomach up. Maybe see if you can get that one. :)

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• The only suggestion I have with Metformin is if you take it in the morning eat something and that helps with the nasea. And clomid affects everyone different for me it was mood swings (bad) and hot flashes (mostly at night).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have been taking the metformin with food, but I am getting really bad headaches, my grandma, who is type 2 diabetic said to always try to keep a lil something handy, even if its just mints... I am sure I am just adjusting to it. As far as the clomid, I had horrid hot flashes last night... other than that it didn't really bother me. I feel pretty tired today, but I am sure its cuz I stayed up super late doing laundry and homework!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• @KC1212, you were right...

ALL THE EMOTIONS!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Metformin gave me the runs at first, but it does get better. The clomid makes me weepy and gives me wicked hot flashes. The symptoms from the clomid subside after I ovulate. GOOD LUCK! I hope your first round is a success! 
    --Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"