C-sections
Options

Scheduled C Section and tubal ligation?

Has anyone had or planning on having a scheduled c section and a tubal ligation?
I am wondering do you have to stay in the hospital for longer than the typical 4 days for CS?
I am also wondering if you were paid for longer by FMLA or short term disability since it is 2 surgeries?
Trying to get all of my ducks in a row and plan ahead...
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

Re: Scheduled C Section and tubal ligation?

• Options
    I had a C in Sept and had a tubal...but to answer your questions No and No.  I don't think it is considered two surgeries since you are already opened up and they basically take another ten minutes to do the tubal.  Recovery wasn't really any different and there was no additional time off offered.  I actually left the hospital a day earlier then my first C (3 days) mainly because I had a 17 month old at home and we felt we really needed to get home to him.
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Just had mine 6 weeks ago. And the pp is right- no and no. There was really no extra recovery from the tubal- in fact, this has been my fastest/easiest recovery of the 3.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"