Parenting after a Loss

Sexy time and BFing

LO is 4 months old, born via csection. Every time DH and I have attempted sex since baby was born it has hurt really bad and we had to stop.

My doctor checked everything and said it's probably just dryness. She said estrogen levels are low while BFing and that causes dryness and therefore pain. We have tried lube and that still doesn't help.

Anyone have similar issues?
**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

Re: Sexy time and BFing

• @ncchnat‌ hit the nail right on the head, so to speak. Slow and steady, lots of foreplay, and basically enough lube to fill a baby pool! It will get better with time. :)
    PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• I've been there! Lol I had a c/s too and when my OB looked up in there he said it looked very dry. I'm not going to lie, sex was bad for a really long time. Every time we tried it felt like I was being stabbed with 1000 needles, or DH was suddenly made of barbed wire. All the lube in the world didn't make a difference.

For me, things didn't improve until I got my first PP AF. And that was only after I weaned down to BFing 3x a day at 17 months. Thankfully, now things are back to normal.
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I really remember wondering if the pain would ever stop or I would always have to deal with it.  It did stop when I stopped pumping.  Foreplay is a must and taking things slow at first.  Now that I'm past that part of it, it's just "Hurry, let's do this the baby's asleep" LOL!

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • KJsbabe said:
    I've been there! Lol I had a c/s too and when my OB looked up in there he said it looked very dry. I'm not going to lie, sex was bad for a really long time. Every time we tried it felt like I was being stabbed with 1000 needles, or DH was suddenly made of barbed wire. All the lube in the world didn't make a difference. For me, things didn't improve until I got my first PP AF. And that was only after I weaned down to BFing 3x a day at 17 months. Thankfully, now things are back to normal.
    This is what I'm afraid of. Though, we plan to wean in 2-3 months so I guess that's not the end of the world. It's possible that even just going down to far fewer pumping sessions a day will get my cycles (and natural lube!) going again. I might try that first vs. completely weaning. My RE wants me totally weaned before starting our FET but I've read that it's safe to keep BFing with those meds so we'll see. That's probably a whole separate post.
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.

• mkc5869 said:
    What they said.  @dmalone1024 had a good point about the warming lube.  Bad, bad idea.  I always liked it before but for some reason after having M there was a 4 alarm fire in my vag. 

I had a planned CS also so never had any "trauma" but sex was still very uncomfortable.  We started out with just hand stuff and eventually got back to sex but it was really uncomfortable for a long time.  In fact, I didn't start really enjoying sex again until after AF came back and we were pretty much done with breastfeeding (9-10 months PP).  Once she came back we were like freaking bunnies.  I couldn't get enough.  I blame it all on my hormones. 
    This made me LOL. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time though!

• I didn't have a c-section, but once we started trying to have sexy time we had to stop. It hurt so bad, and I did have dryness as well. It honestly took me a good 6 months to start enjoying it again. Like a PP said, lots of lube and lots of foreplay. We love the "just like me" lube from Pure Romance. Great stuff.
    Started TTC in February 2010
    BFP #1
      3.23.11 :: Natural M/C on 5.21.11 @ 12wk4d
    BFP #2  2.17.12 :: EDD 10.28.12 :: Ava was born 11.2.12

BFP #3  1.31.14 :: Natural M/C on 3.10.14 @ 9wk2d

BFP #4  4.29.14 :: Natural M/C on 5.5.14 @ ?

New Beginnings: Our Journey into Parenthood (Blog)

imageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• mkc5869 said:
    mkc5869 said:
    What they said.  @dmalone1024 had a good point about the warming lube.  Bad, bad idea.  I always liked it before but for some reason after having M there was a 4 alarm fire in my vag. 

I had a planned CS also so never had any "trauma" but sex was still very uncomfortable.  We started out with just hand stuff and eventually got back to sex but it was really uncomfortable for a long time.  In fact, I didn't start really enjoying sex again until after AF came back and we were pretty much done with breastfeeding (9-10 months PP).  Once she came back we were like freaking bunnies.  I couldn't get enough.  I blame it all on my hormones. 
    This made me LOL. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time though!
    My husband thought it was pretty funny and it's hilarious looking back.  I was dancing around the bathroom trying to figure out how to make it stop.  I just remember thinking that I wish I had a squirt bottle so I could rinse it out.  I will NEVER use that again.

WE had a period of TTA before we had the girls and used a fire and ice condom---MH thought a pleasure variety pack was a GOOD idea (WRONG)...it was awful,,,,nothing all the way up there should be VERY hot or VERY cold. yuck! haha!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• It is tough getting back into the swing of it. It hurts less and less each time. Just stick with it, it will get better!!

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"