Infertility

IVF Cervical Mucus question

I'm doing my first round of IVF. I've been stimulating for 8 days and started meds 2 night ago to prevent ovulation. I was getting a lot of ewcm, but yesterday I didn't notice as much. Today I checked and it us almost like a cottage cheese consistency. I keep calling my nurse, but have not heard back from her. I'm scared I ovulated, but this could be normal for all I know. Has this happened with anyone else?

Re: IVF Cervical Mucus question

• No this is normal, I had the same scare -- it's funny you get used to looking for your Cerv Mucus when you are going through IUI's to help you determine if you ovulated but then with IVF the increased meds created soooo much for me and my nurse said not to panic.  As long as you are getting monitored frequently you should be fine... at 7 days i was going everyday... hopefully you are as well, they will keep a tight handle on things for you. Are you using Ganirelix, that also causes extra, thick cervical mucus.
    Siggy Warning... loss mentioned

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Started seeing RE Aug 2013

Cycle #1  – IUI #1  10.31.13 - BFN

Cycle #2 - IUI #2 cancelled – FAIL

Cycle #3 - IUI #2 12.27.13  BFN

Cycle #4 -  IUI #3 1.24.14  BFN

Cycle #5 - IVF #1 with ICSI(2 3bb blasts) 3.19.14, no frosties.. BFN

Surprise BFP on 6.10.14 ... Miscarried 7.7.14 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

Our Journey Blog...  http://salatafamilyest2008.blogspot.com/

• I had the exact same thing happen to me.  My nurse said it was common.  I hope your clinic gets back to you soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for responding. I was getting a lot of ewcm while on follistim and a low dose of hcg. I wasn't checking or anything, it was obvious. Then I started the ganirelix Wednesday night and it's gone. Today's day 7 and I go in tomorrow. They said yesterday it should be a few more days of stimulating. I don't feel weight in my ovaries either, which is weird to me because I was fairly uncomfortable on Follistim for IUI's.
  • Thank you guys!
  • Yes, totally normal!  I had the same fear.  That is why they monitor you so closely.
    SIGGY WARINING

Me: 32 | He: 35
    TTC since Sept 2011
    DX: Unexplained
    1st round of clomid: Jan 2013 BFP - M/C 8 weeks
    surprise BFP Apr 2013 - M/C 9 weeks
    IUI #1 clomid Jul 2013 = BFN
    IUI #2 clomid Aug 2013 = BFN
    IUI #3 injects Oct 2013 = BFN
    IUI #4 injects Dec 2013 = BFN
    IVF #1 March 2014 - 12R/12F, one perfect day 5 blast transferred
    BFP!! Beta#1 = 431 Beta#2 = 914 Beta#3 = 2207