April 2014 Moms
Options

Reed's super fast birth story

My EDD was 4/2.

On march 25 I started to have menstrual type cramping with contractions that lasted all day. That night DH and i went to the hospital because I didn't feel him move much. I was checked and was 1cm at that point. Baby was doing fine so they sent us home.

On march 26 I had the same menstrual type cramps with contractions all day but by evening they picked up in intensity. They went from being 10 min apart to 5. DH and I went to the hospital at 1am. During the drive there the contractions were about 3 min apart. I was checked at was 4cm and they said that I was staying. This was around 1:30am.

I was told that I would receive my epi in 30 min but those 30 min seemed to take years. My husband said that I was breathing like a fire breather while waiting for the epi. As I was on the bed preparing to get the epi my water broke.

Once the epi started to kick in the nurses noticed that the baby's heartbeat wasn't able to be found. After them throwing an oxygen mask on me and everyone frantically coming into the room, they noticed that his head was way down. At that point it was 3:30am and I was fully dilated. Because his heart beat was stable, the midwife suggested that I wait an hour to push so that he can continue to move down on his own, requiring fewer pushes from me.

At 4:45 the nurses came back in and said that it was time to push. After pushing during 3 contractions our little boy arrived! The delivery was rather uneventful and quiet. I have one minor tear and the midwife gave me one stitch. I even pulled him out on my own once his head and shoulders were out.

It is crazy to think that he was born at 5:11am and we had only gotten to the hospital at 1am. The midwife said that because this was my first labor and delivery, if i plan to have a second child my L&D will be even less shorter.

I wish you all positive thoughts and look forward to hearing your birth stories!

Re: Reed's super fast birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"