Confirmed — The Bump
Food Allergy

Confirmed

So during recent visits my mom has made the comment that there's "not much milk" in a few food items so "it won't hurt" ds to have some.  We put our foot down and told my mom NO every time.  So today he had allergy testing.  Tested the milk, soy, and apples.  We didn't test pears due to cross reactivity with apples.  Test confirmed milk allergy but other two were negative.  So now we reintroduce soy, apple, and pear and call if issue/reaction.  The reaction to milk, plus what I reported in history, was strong enough that the dr prescribed an epipen as a precaution.

So, I called my mom and mentioned the results.  Her reaction "Oh. Well, you'll have to stop breastfeeding then."  SMH! Ummm, no, it means I keep doing what I'm already doing. 

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: Confirmed

• I think one of the problems with my mom and food allergies is that she has an egg allergy but is still able to eat baked goods with eggs and small amounts of whole egg without noticeable reaction so she doesn't understand that her level of tolerance to an allergen is NOT the norm.  Though sometimes, honestly, I have to wonder if she doesn't have "silent" reactions internally that she isn't noticing as being allergic reactions.

It also doesn't help that ds1 tested positive to a fish and a shellfish allergy but is able to eat certain fish and shellfish but not specific fish and shellfish. 

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards