Multiples

Unsuccessful NST?

I am 34 wks with di/di twins and we had our first NST today. They spent almost an hour trying to get both heartbeats on the monitor at the same time- didn't happen. Then they took us to the ultrasound room and tried to find the heartbeat that way and then hook up the NST machine. Still couldn't make it happen. Come to find out baby girl's spine curls towards mine so her heartbeat is buried below my ribcage and her brothers feet. All told we were at the dr's office for almost 3 hours today!

Long story short, we never got a reading. My dr ended up doing a quick bpp and will send us to the hospital next week hoping they can do a better job with newer equipment. Anyone else experience not being able to make a NST work? What did your dr do instead to monitor babies? Thanks for easing my mind!

Re: Unsuccessful NST?

• Oh goodness I have no experience but that is crazy! I hope they can monitor those babies!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• We had a couple like that. Hopefully you can get your babies to move into a better spot...they'd give me a bottle of water or some apple juice and that seemed to help a bit. If we couldn't get it in the first hour and we could detect movement from both babies they'd just wait a few days till my weekly u/s.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I have stubborn babies too that don't like to be monitored. They usually try for an hour on NST and if they can't get a good reading they just do a quick BPP. I don't have someone hiding in my ribs though. Usually it just takes 10 minutes for the ultrasound and then I'm good to go.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• I had a few like that. The first one the sent me to L&D for extra monitoring. All checked out di the sent me home. Another one, they had me done back the next day and they told me to prepare to have the babies. Everything checked out the next day. Then the last one, I was a few days from my scheduled induction and so they just decided to take the babies.

It can be so nerve-wracking. I hope everything checks out next week!
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"