TTC After a Loss

Runners Come In!

Hello fellow runners!

I like to consider myself a runner, though I haven't been going as often as I'd like to.  I run about 3-4 miles at a time, and since my loss, I've only been running a handful of times.  I'm desperate to get back out there, but I'm running low on motivation, and I think my running music is getting old, so I need new inspiration.  I was watching Dexter last night, and saw that Morgan was running to Chopin - I'd never thought to run to classical music.  Has anyone else done this?

So I have a few questions: What music do you listen to when you run? How do you motivate yourself to get out and run? Do you run more outside or on a treadmill?

Thanks in advance!

Anniversary
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker
  DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image

Re: Runners Come In!

• I don't run but when I do workout (which isn't here lately) I aim for songs that have high beats per minute. I even googled "songs by beats per minute" I read something somewhere that the higher the beat per minute the more motivating it is (or something like that).

I love classical! I say go for it :)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• I'm gearing up for my first 5K in May and I've just run strickly on the treadmill so far.  Once this weather starts cooperating I NEED to get outside to get used to it.  I've been listening to a Pitbull station on Pandora lately!  I know...polar opposite of classical! LOL  But it's what keeps me running.  However, now I'm intrigued by the classical suggestion and will try it!  Good luck to you!!!

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

• Loading the player...
  • I do a lot of running, and I run best to fast paced music, usually angry music (Static X, Halestorm, Adelita's Way, All That Remains, Five Finger Death Punch, Hollywood Undead, etc).  It helps push me to run further/faster and also helps relieve stress. 

I prefer running out doors, but this horrible winter weather has made me learn to embrace the treadmill.  My motivation is just that I want to move, I feel bad when I just sit around, and I also want to get as much running in before the RE's bench me from it. 

Me: 34, DH: 32
    TTC Since September 2012
    Dx-PCOS, Anovulation, highly irregular cycles
    March 2013 Comid 50 mg+ TI #1: BFN
    April 2013 Clomid mg + TI #2: BFN
    IVM#1 Aug 2012: BFN
    20 FEB 2014:  CP
    IUI #1 Clomid 100mg  24 FEB 2014: BFN

IUI #2 Clomid 100mg  21 MAR 2014: BFN

IUI#3 Follistim & trigger 21 May 2014: BFN

IVF #1 Follistim & Menopur: 14R, 9M, 7F, transfered 2 day 3 8 cell embies

Beta #1: 7/30: 41  Beta #2 8/1: 96   Beta #3 8/4: 796   EDD:4/9/15

imageimageimage

All Welcome 

• I started a couch to 10k program in January (my 10k is in 3 weeks!!!  yikes!)  It has been a really great release and it's an app on my iphone...it has really kept me accountable.

I run to the pop and hip hop power workout station on pandora...it is great.  Since it has gotten to "know me" it now plays a lot of stuff from when I was in college and has even started playing a lot of rock music which I love (I don't normally listen to pop and hip hop but like the beat to work out to). 

I way prefer running outside to the treadmill (plus it is typically a better workout)...I live in the south so until it gets super hot in 2 months I will stay outside.

My motivation is to think about how good I'll look when I get some of my extra weight off...I think about how nice it will be if we do get KU that I won't have extra weight to lose after and will go into the pregnancy healthier.  I usually find that the first 10 minutes of a run are the hardest and then after that it is a piece of cake and I feel motivated.

good luck!!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• @marylaurena - what app do you use?
    BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• @torigirl2014 10k Trainer Free by Zen labs...they also have a 5k app but the 10k app has both on it.  It's great.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• I am currently not training for anything, but still run 4 days a week. It give me time to think, relieve stress, be in nature, etc. I run outside (rain, snow, sun) unless I am traveling on business - then I run on the treadmill. I honestly find it easier to run outside.

I only listen to music if I am running on a treadmill. I need something fast paced. Lately it's been Flogging Molly.

I always feel better after a run, even if it was a crappy run. I run first thing in the morning during the week - work can't get in the way and I have no excuses. I've been doing it so long that it's a habit and I feel like something is missing if I can't run.

Perhaps you could sign up for a 5K or 10K and use that as an additional motivation? Good luck and happy running :-)
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • I prefer to run outside and I usually run to a 90's radio station on iheart radio.

On low motication days I remind myself it is over quickly and I always feel better for it. I also like to buy running shirts so I tell myself if I spend money on it my butt better get out there and do it.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• I usually just run to a playlist of my most recent favorite songs. I usually only get out to run about once a week, but it's a nice break. The rest of the time I do the elliptical, and I actually read while I exercise (DH thinks I'm crazy, but it helps distract me and sometimes its the only time of the week I get to read, so it motivates me to exercise).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I used to run a few years ago but just starting back up and at square one big time. I try to keep peppy songs but with an even tempo because I notice I run to the beat and if its a fast paced song I'm wearing myself out a lot quicker.
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• I listen to the Pandora fitness stations, pop fitness, hip hop and pop power station and country fitness and I put them on shuffle.

I'm trying to get more into running, esp because I play soccer once a week and I need stamina. But I suck at running and I've only be twice since my MC. Today I ran a straight mile in 10:20 - that's amazing for me. I'm a very inefficient runner and halfway through I convince myself I'm tired and need to stop.

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I run four miles at a time (I try to go about twice a week) and I run to upbeat country music (think Shake It For Me by Luke Bryan). I run using a pandora station called country fit radio. And I almost always run outside. If the weather is bad enough then I'll get on the treadmill but I usually don't because I get too bored :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"