January 2014 Moms

Advice on nipples (bottles)

I have a fairly forceful letdown and lo sucks kind of hard (sometimes she kind of flattens my nipples). She is not happy taking a bottle-we give one every day, but sometimes she refuses/it takes forever to give her 3 ounces. Should we give her a fasting flowing nipple? Would that help? Or just keep plugging along like we are doing? Or try something else? We've tried Medela, avent, playtex and have had the best results with born free bottles? Should we try a different bottle?

Re: Advice on nipples (bottles)

• I have a really forceful letdown and persistent oversupply. The only bottle that worked for us (tried Avent naturals, tommee tippee, and mam) was the Lansinoh mOmma bottle. We are still using the slow flow nipple on that. You can definitely play around with a medium flow nipple if you want, but I don't have any experience with doing that. It was going to be my next step though, but the mOmma worked first try.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • Agreed. My little guy shut down on us and refused bottles after he got the hang of breast feeding. The Lansinoh momma bottle is the only one he will tolerate. The dr browns with the preemie nipple sometimes works if he is in a really good mood and I'm not in the room.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a forceful letdown but I kind of had the opposite problem. All the bottles seemed too fast for her. She adjusted to Avent classics once we started screwing the lids on SUPER tightly. It takes her a long time to eat from a bottle but that's okay with me because she still likes nursing so I will take it.

I also couldn't be in the room or she wouldn't take a bottle from like weeks 6-9. She's 11.5 weeks now and seems better adjusted.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • I also have a forceful letdown and a LO that sucks pretty hard. He's kind of picky about his bottles, but not necessarily picky about the flow. He prefers the Dr. Brown's wide bottles, BreastFlow and the Medela Calma (I think that's what they're called) nipples.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"