August 2012 Moms
Options

Mommy of the Day :(

I feel downright awful!

I'm home with DD today because she is running a higher fever and is very lethargic, my daycare isn't licensed under the city, so they don't have strict guidelines, but I didn't feel comfortable sending her to daycare.

So she perked up a bit and asked for her socks to be put on. So I did. I noticed her baby toe got a little snagged, so I fixed and then did the other sock.

(Side note - one of my biggest fears is that a string gets wrapped around her toe and I don't know about it until it's too late.)

So anyway, I stand her on the floor for her to resume playing and she starts saying "Ow" and pointing to her left foot...the one that got snagged. so I took her sock off and noticed that her baby toe nail was ripped almost completely off !!! It was only holding on by a little corner. 

I struggle to clip her toenails because her feet are so ticklish. I get one done a day...if I'm lucky...and her baby toes like wrap around so it's hard to get. there was still some nail still on, and there wasn't any blood, but I fashioned a bandaid and polysporin to ensure that if there is an open spot, it doesn't get infected.

Poor bean...I feel awful! 

DD Born August 16, 2012
DS Due April 27, 2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mommy of the Day :(

• Options
    I was going to post a similar topic last week... I tripped coming in the front door and dropped DD face first on the tile. Bloody nose, busted lip, the works. It was awful. I've been telling myself not to be too hard on myself, so I'm telling you the same! (It's much easier now that her face is all healed, but it was the saddest thing I've ever seen!)
  • Options
    HoneyBunn24HoneyBunn24 member
    edited March 2014
    :) Thanks ladies, and @CourtandNate!

Her little toe is healing nicely, She doesn't say anything now, but she definitely won't let us touch her feet.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Awww, poor thing!  I'm glad both LOs are feeling better!  I still have the fear that I'm going to cut DD's skin when I trim her nails!  It's terrifying!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DS's feet are insanely ticklish.  I have to hold him down just to cut his nails and even then he's kicking me in the back with his other foot.  It sounds awful but the entire time he's laughing.  I'm always afraid I'm going to clip his skin.  Don't be too hard on yourself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"