Multiples

Fraternal or Maternal Twins

Cashier at Target:

"Oh, they look different! Then they're fraternal, not maternal twins."

Me: Just nodding along, thinking "Oh, bless your little heart".
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Fraternal or Maternal Twins

• -_- 
    I cannot believe how many people have encountered this... Maternal isn't even the other end of fraternal when you're talking about something other than twins.. maternal / paternal.... fraternal / sororal...  

Of course we could avoid it all together if we just went with "identical" and "dizygotic" instead. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Hahahaha!
    image    image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • My grandpa asked me if mine were paternal. I just said they are identical. Didn't have the heart to tell him he didn't know what he was talking about. :)
  • People are really so silly and know nothing about twins. You really don't notice though until you have them I guess! I hope I can keep my composure like you though!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I hope someone asks me that so I can tell them that they are extraterrestrial. :D I am excited for the are they natural question, too, just so I can say one is an android. I clearly watch too much Star Trek. :P

Trina

Mama to Nikaia (1.18.11) and Kalista (1.19.12)

Expecting di/di twins in May 2014!

• I consider mine super natural :)
  • My hairdresser asked me if my twins were congenital. I was like ... ummm, yes I suppose they are!

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"