2nd Trimester

Too Much Stress!!! Help!

I really feel like I might be putting too much stress on me an my baby right now. I try and find ways to distress, warm baths, read a book but sometimes I still seem to carry it around. Just the other day I noticed that I my shoulders were tensed up and hurt when I tried to release them.  I balance, what seem to be a normal load, bills, family, and a full time job. (most of the time not stressful) but lately I feel like it is overwhelming.  I know that it has everything to do with hormones running wild. Just today I got some unexpecting news at work, but for whatever reason the new set me over my edge.  I busted out in tears, had to go to the bathroom to cry it out.  Then after leaving the bathroom was bombarded by my boss and HR who wanted me to talk about my feelings.  That's the last thing I wanted to do.  To be caught off guard by your boss wanting to discuss your feelings about the announcement made that will directly effect your job...that put you right back at square one not for the second time but the 3rd.  And now you see why I cried.

I know that im stressed and I don't want to put that on my baby.  Please anyone, words of encouragement and ways to distress would go a long way for me and my baby.  

sign, a very down mama who whats to be distressed for her baby.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

HUNTER WILLIAM DUE AUG. 16TH

imageimageimage

Re: Too Much Stress!!! Help!

• That's terrible, and yes you definitely sound like you need to relax and get rid of some of that stress!

Can you go to a movie with a SO or friend, have a nice dinner with them?  Just something not in your normal routine to break things up and that can take your mind off your worries.  

Does your work offer any sort of Employee Assistance Plan?  I know the EAP at my work let's you see a wide variety of professionals, so maybe if your work has one you could have access to someone who can help you find ways to tackle your stress?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like anything and everything sets me off these days.  I have two kids and I'm more hormonal this pregnancy than both the other two combined! It's rough!

Just wanted to offer (((hugs))) and remember to treat yourself to something every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies!  Your advice is very helpful. Thank you MrsMuq for putting my stress in perspective.

My boyfriend just bought be a spa day for next month. I ruined the surprise by telling him how overly stressed I felt.  So he told me about it so that I can look forward to it! In the mean time we talked about doing something new everyday and we are starting to come up with different ideas.

Thank you for letting me vent about my hard day. Thanks again ladies!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

HUNTER WILLIAM DUE AUG. 16TH

imageimageimage

• Prayer, positive thoughts, meditation, prenatal yoga. Hope things get better for you.
  • i totally understand that! I just quit my job today because I didn't feel it was healthy for me to work there anymore. I kept like almost blacking out and stuff. and my boss would constantly send me home because I had to pee too often or because I had morning sickness. And it got to the point where I had such anxiety over working with her I couldn't sleep. I would just cry for hours. The only thing that really helped me was tea and a long cry. it sucks, but its all that worked for me. now we have money stress but im hoping i can find a job where i can work from home or something and where my hours will be more flexible.

• I think it might benefit you to speak to a profesional. Pregnancy can be stressful, but it seems like you are a little more stressed than the average bird.

As for harming the baby, you would need to be experiencing the stress level that a refugee or a POW faces for it to affect your baby.

Good luck and I hope you are able to get past this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"