Babies on the Brain

Baby Fever! D:

Everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant or nearing their due dates and I have officially caught baby fever. It's all I can seem to think about. 

We have 2 kids, DD is almost 4 and DS turned 2 in December. DH and I originally talked about waiting until their 6 and 7 to decide if we wanted another, but the more I think about it, the more trying sooner seems more ideal. Neither DH or I have any siblings close in age, they're all 6+ years apart and for me none of us are very close. I want all of my kids to be able to grow up together and be involved in one anothers lives as they grow up. 

We are getting ready to purchase our first home. Now we are not very old, I am 22 and DH is 24. I have been trying to convince myself I don't want to get up in the middle of the night anymore, and I don't want to have to clean bottles or carry around a diaper bag... but none of those reasons seem to be enough to curb this desire.  

I think mostly the hesitation to have another is because we started so young to begin with and it was HARD to get where we are now. I got pregnant at 17, so naturally a lot of heart ache went on. My pregnancy with DS was hard too initially because we were still living with my MIL and we got pregnant again before DD was even 1. And both DH and I have that bad taste in our mouth about how everyone reacted with our pregnancy announcements then. Now I know everyone would be more than ecstatic now! DH has a good job, I'm a full time SAHM. We have no debt and we have a happy healthy marriage. 

How hard was the transition from 2 to 3? How did you know you were ready for another.

I've gone through baby fever before but nothing like this. Dreams every night, to where I can feel a baby moving and kicking inside of me. EVERYTHING makes me think about being pregnant. And I've been like this for MONTHS now. D:

Meeting you was fate
Becoming your friend was a choice
But falling in love with you I had no control over

Courtney and Timothy Married 7/16/11 
Parents to:
Cecelia Michelle 6/10/10  
Emerson Ryan 12/21/11

Re: Baby Fever! D:

• Jags8Jags8 member
    Have you talked to your husband about how he would feel moving up your timeline? If you are debt-free and are financially stable, and your DH is on board, and I don't see why not? Of course, if your DH does not want to try yet, you will have to put it off.
  • We have talked about it, and he's hesitant. I know he does not want to have 2 in high school and 1 barely out of Elementary, and he's made it clear he wants another, He wants all the kids to be able to have me home with them until they're in school. 

We've discussed if we decided to try for another when we'd start trying. I'm on the nuvaring, and if we did decided to start trying it'd have to be in April, after I take this one out. 

After the 3rd, he will be getting a vasectomy, so maybe that's causing his hesitation. lol
    Meeting you was fate

Parents to:
    Cecelia Michelle 6/10/10  
    Emerson Ryan 12/21/11

• Loading the player...
  • We have talked about it, and he's hesitant. I know he does not want to have 2 in high school and 1 barely out of Elementary, and he's made it clear he wants another, He wants all the kids to be able to have me home with them until they're in school. 

We've discussed if we decided to try for another when we'd start trying. I'm on the nuvaring, and if we did decided to start trying it'd have to be in April, after I take this one out. 

After the 3rd, he will be getting a vasectomy, so maybe that's causing his hesitation. lol

This might have a lot to do with it.

Does he want to get a vasectomy?  If this is his hesiation, woul dyou be open to discussing other forms of birth control?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Well when we intially decided he'd get a vasectomy after #3, he was all for it. I was really just joking about that. I have had a really hard time with BC, and I don't know how much longer I can be on it. 

I have been fighting this urge to have baby #3 for a long time now. And it's just becoming more and more overwhelming. I finally came out to my husband last night, and we haven't had anytime to sit down and discuss it, but his initial reaction was giddy and excited then he said he thinks we should wait. So I haven't had the chance to pick his brain on the matter. 

I just need to talk about it, get it out! lol 

Meeting you was fate

Parents to:
    Cecelia Michelle 6/10/10  
    Emerson Ryan 12/21/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"