Baby Showers
Options

I know this is annoying... shower question

Can you have a shower for your second if you did not have a shower for your first? It's not gift grabby if you've never asked anyone for gifts, right?

I am not pregnant, just wondering.

Re: I know this is annoying... shower question

• Options

The purpose of a shower is to welcome a woman to motherhood and shower her with gifts of things that she'll need for motherhood.  Since you're already a mother and don't need to be welcomed to motherhood, you don't get a shower (even if you didn't have one the first time). 

Not asking for me. As I said, not pregnant, probably OAD. Just curious about the consensus.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Side-note: I really probably wouldn't find it gift-grabby, so much as boring.
  • Options
    Why would the imaginary mom need it?  She should already have gotten herself set up with the gear needed.
  • Options
    Why would the imaginary mom need it?  She should already have gotten herself set up with the gear needed.
    I don't know, maybe she got divorced and didn't think she'd need it. Maybe her house burned down. Maybe someone stole it. I thought at showers people typically registered for baby gear but the gifts were mostly clothes and consumable things (diapers, creams, shampoo...). Aside from family or my best friend who I'd buy stuff for anyway, I've never gotten anyone a carseat or crib or other expensive thing.
  • Options
    I don't know, maybe she got divorced and didn't think she'd need it. Maybe her house burned down. Maybe someone stole it. I thought at showers people typically registered for baby gear but the gifts were mostly clothes and consumable things (diapers, creams, shampoo...). Aside from family or my best friend who I'd buy stuff for anyway, I've never gotten anyone a carseat or crib or other expensive thing.
    I got plenty of stuff that would be re-useable for any additional babies down the road.    Insurance would cover replacement for house burning down.  Divorce - the dad takes half, buy the rest?    theft -insurance again.  My point is I don't really see a reason that she'd need one. People will buy clothes and soap when the baby is born, shower or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"