Babies on the Brain

TTC after going off BC

edited March 2014 in Babies on the Brain
I was on birth control for 11 years. I went off it 2 months ago so my husband and I could start TTC. Last month I had my period on day 26 and spotted for multiple days before AF came. This month I am on day 28, I had spotting last week for a few days and then it stopped, no period. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Has anyone else had this happen? I wouldn't be surprised if my first cycle had not happened as called for but now I'm just freaked out. Even before BC I had my period every 28 days. Thanks! Also - I've been cramping on and off for 2 days but again, no AF.

Re: TTC after going off BC

• I know the feeling, my first 2 cycles off bc were perfectly in sync with how they were when I was on it. But as so many ladies on here have said before, your cycle is normal until it's not. My third cycle off bc was 54 days long!! This is my fourth cycle and I'm on day 24 waiting for some sign. It takes a while for your body to regulate coming off of bc especially if you were in it for 11 years.
    Doesn't mean you can't be pregnant but you can't know unless you're temping and such then POAS when it's time.
    Good luck :)
    My family so far!
    Peace, love, and happiness

• I am on my second cycle after birth control, I was on it for 7, almost 8 years. My first cycle was 42 days long and now I am on day 52, still waiting for AF!

I've had cramps on and off (at times severe like my period was starting) for two weeks now. It's hard to be patient, but unfortunately we just need to give our bodies time to figure everything out again.

My biggest annoyance is that I specifically asked my doctor MULTIPLE times while on birth control if this could be an issue and every time he told me no. Now that I have done my own research I see it more common then I was lead to believe.

• Loading the player...
  • edited March 2014
    It can take several cycles off BCP to regulate again, so unless youre charting/temping to confirm when you ovulate it'll be hard to know what's going on.

Test each week until you get a positive or a period or hit 60 days, at which point you'd consult a doctor.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Thank you for the advice ladies!

It turns out I was panicking for no reason, took a pregnancy test AGAIN and got a BFP!  I'm going to buy a few more tests today (I was using Dollar Tree brand) and schedule a doctor's appt. if they turn out BFP also.  Thank you for the help ladies and good luck to those of you TTC!

• Congrats on your BFP!!!! @ZoeyH14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"