August 2013 Moms

EP Moving-How to move BM stash?

I am an exclusive pumper and have quite the frozen BM stash. My husband just received a job offer across the country. How should I transport my stash? I've looked into FedEx and possibly dry icing it. We plan on using a moving company ship our belongings and then we will drive DS and the pets out there. We won't have a ton of room in the van for a big cooler of BM. Any suggestions? I really appreciate the help! 

Re: EP Moving-How to move BM stash?

• I think dry icing and next daying it there would be the safest bet if you can't bring it with you. 

• I think dry icing and next daying it there would be the safest bet if you can't bring it with you. 

I agree. If it's going to take you more than 1 day to get there either leave it with someone to ship for you on Xx day or maybe send it to a friend at your destination to sign for it.
    I'm sure it won't be cheap but you can't put a price on liquid gold!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I have family where we are moving from that should be able to ship it for us. But we don't know anyone where we're moving to. My husband's company will cover the relocation costs, this is definitely a receipt we'll submit! Can you imagine the HR person reviewing the relocation receipts and coming across this one? Haha. It is part of us relocating. 
  • A good moving company shouldn't take it because they can't control the temp in the trailer. We told the lady that wanted us to move her milk, that she should ship it with dry ice.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I would be really hesitant to let it our of my control. Perhaps I'm a control freak (hell, I'll own it - i am a control freak), but my stash is not replaceable. I'm not trusting anyone but me with it.

I'd find a way to keep it with me and pack it in dry ice.

• FYI: FedEx-ing a large stash is going to cost you quite the pretty penny - I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of dollars as they charge based on service and weight.

I remember carrying 72oz through the airport on my last trip and that was crazy heavy, I can't imagine if I tried to pack my entire freezer stash.

I would do everything in my power to move it with me... It's going to take up a lot of room and you'll have to pay for dry ice (check how long it lasts and if you'll need to refill if your drive will take a few days) but it will be worth it and MUCH less expensive than shipping it.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"