Secondary IF

Update: Vacation (no ER) - and Goodbye!

jertiejertie member
edited March 2014 in Secondary IF
Long story short - DH is a consultant and just got a new gig that will be starting on 4/14 and is scheduled to go until the end of the year. He said that since he's going to be hanging around the house for a couple more weeks, we should take a vacation somewhere. Problem is this: I just got the green light to begin stim meds tomorrow, which means that this week and next are completely out and my ER is scheduled for 4/7. He proposed going somewhere after my ER, but I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure if I'd be any shape for it. We have a 2 yo, so it's not like it would be just him and me wonked out on a beach somewhere - we would have to be doing something active - and I wouldn't want to stay back in the hotel while they're out having fun. I also have a job - but that's not a major consideration - my boss is very accomodating. It sounded like he wanted to fly somewhere too. I was thinking about seeing how I was feeling later next week then giving the go/no go. What do you think - good idea or not?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update: Vacation (no ER) - and Goodbye!

• Are you having a fresh transfer? I personally would not go after my ER. When I had my ER in 2012, it wasn't the best experience so I def would not have been up to traveling. Plus your ovaries are still swollen and sore, so you may not feel up to really active activities.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• I've never done IVF but I would not take a vacation after. If you were just doing an IUI - I would say maybe- see how you feel. But IVF is so much more invasive and costly. I don't think you want to even chance possibly jeopardizing it.

But with my IUIs I proceeded business as usual.

Plus - I would imagine you would want to stay close for betas and bloodwork?

I also cannot imagine even being able to relax in the post IVF 2ww on vacation.

I would postpone and take a baby-moon in the second trimester of your pregnancy provided you do conceive and it's okay with your doctor to travel.

Just my 2 cents.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • If you aren't doing a fresh transfer, or if you can schedule the vacay for after transfer, then I would totally do it.  What a great way to take your mind off!  

I've never had an issue with transfers (I've done three) except for a headache - but I think that was a result of acupressure.  I have had issues recovering from retrievals, but I think that was mostly b/c I asked them to scale back on the anesthesia, so I had to suffer thru more without pain meds.  
    Trying for #2 with IVF after damage done in a D&C left me with one functioning (but too scarred) ovary and tube to get pregnant safely without assistance. It's a really, really long story, but that is the gist of it.  We have one daughter (whose c-section birth started this roller coaster) born in 2012 after a miscarriage in 2011. 
    Failed 1st attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 3, 1 frozen embryo saved) in December 2013.  
    Failed 2nd attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 5, 2 frozen embryos saved) in February 2014.
  • Well if you aren't doing a fresh transfer I would do it.  I felt fine after my ER, full and I looked 5 months pregnant, but i felt fine.  I went back to work the next day. It is probably going to depend on how you feel and what you will want to do. 

• Momarazzi007Momarazzi007 member
    edited March 2014
    Agreed w PP. My ER is scheduled on or about same date!!! But we will do ET five days later- so for me I wouldn't go anywhere. After my last one I felt sick and was bloated a few days too, so that plays into it for me too
    Edit- typo
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Retrieval recovery is pretty painful. I wouldn't want to go anywhere for at least a few days. Both times I was considerably sore and uncomfortable for approx 5-7 days after retrieval. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!  If everything works out this will be an egg retrieval with ICSI, and CCS - with a FET to come in a couple of months.  I've heard that ER experiences can be very different from one person to the next, so trying to commit to a vacation before I'm even out of the gate is not the best case scenario.  Thanks so much for you imput guys - I really, really appreciate it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Update: I got a call from my nurse about noon today saying the doc was going to call me to go over my suppression check. She called - told me I only had 2 resting follicles and that I was pretty much a lost cause and didn't want me to waste the money. She said they could go really aggressive and do 3 IVFs in a row or consider donor eggs - I told her to just kill the whole thing. We went into this assuming we would only do one cycle - and this was above and beyond what I wanted to attempt. So, we're officially done before we even started. Guess we will be taking that vacation after all... Thank you all for your support and advice. I wish everyone the absolute best in their journeys. My journey in the pursuit of a sib for Pip may be over, but there are still so many paths that I am eager to discover with my family. :x

• Oh wow- I'm sorry you got that news. Best of luck to you!
  • Wow! I'm sorry for the bad news, but wish you all the happiness with your family!
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Jertie, I am so sorry to hear about that, but I think you have an amazing attitude about the whole thing. Big hugs! Enjoy your vacation, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry about this news :( I hope you enjoy your vacation. I wish you all the best! (Hugs)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• So sorry to hear your news. Wishing you the best of luck in your journey!

((HUGS))

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• So sorry to hear this news! Enjoy vacation and good luck to you and your family. 

• Jertie, I am so sorry to hear about that, but I think you have an amazing attitude about the whole thing. Big hugs! Enjoy your vacation, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. 

Agreed. Sorry this avenue is closed for you, but glad you have a good outlook still.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry.  What difficult news.  At least there is some finality to the process.  I was just talking to a friend the other day and was whiting I at least knew.  The wondering and hoping and the emotional roller coaster is finished and you can freely pursue other options full force.  Enjoy your vacation and family time.  Again, I'm so sorry for the bad news, but and so impressed with your attitude about it.  Best of luck.  
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • @jertie‌ I am so sorry! We got similar news not long ago. We decided to pursue adoption. I wish you all the luck and prayers!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"