Working Moms
Options

NWMR - Anyone do Acupuncture?

Does anyone do acupuncture for stress or pain relief?  I've tried traditional medicine for persistent pain related to a car accident many years ago, and it's been recurring lately.  It could also be stress related, and I know my stress levels are through the roof right now.

I've never tried acupuncture, and I'm a little scared.  Anyone have any opinions - good or bad?

Thanks!

Re: NWMR - Anyone do Acupuncture?

• Options
    I did acupuncuture for infertility and miscarriage prevention and although I have no way of knowing if it helped or not, it was definitely relaxing and a nice escape of peace and quiet.  The needles are super thin and you don't even really feel them go in.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    I love it! I've done it for IF, pregnancy issues like MS, and anxiety. The only thing it didn't really help me with was migraines. You should give it a try!

As a mom of two small children, I am always an advocate for paying to rest in a quiet dark room alone.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did acupuncture for 3-4 months following a really bad car accident (I was rear ended by a huge truck). They did the acupuncture with electrical stimulation- it was AMAZING. They also supplemented that with cupping (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupping_therapy) which I didn't like as much. 

It worked wonders on my back- I would go in sooo tight from sitting at my desk in pain all day and leave feeling light as a feather. I can't recommend it enough! I am keeping it in mind for pregnancy, alot of my friends swear by it, but I haven't had any back pain lately so fingers crossed! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"