Two Under 2
Options

Anyone with this spacing? 4,1,0 all same month ish?

We have a 3.5yo. Besides dropping nap ages ago, our son is easy. We want to adopt. I want to apply for an infant and the unborn full sibling. They would only be a year apart. DH doesn't think we could handle it... :(. I really want to try. We could have some time to adjust to the older child before new baby comes. any insight?! I figure in some ways the spacing is easier when adopting, since I won't have the physical exhaustion from pregnancy/birth.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

Re: Anyone with this spacing? 4,1,0 all same month ish?

• Options
    I have Irish twins, the first two years were a total blur. Do not go through with it unless your DH is on board. It is a lot of work. See if you can borrow some kids that age gap for a day and see what it's like.
  • Options
    Oh course you CAN do it, it will just be really hard. Agree with PP that your husband has to be on board, and very hands on. Good for you to adopt and keeping those babies together. 
    2u2 is exhausting and amazing, and you'll have the 4 yo too. But he'll be in school, maybe? That will help. The worst parts for me right now are when I'm holding/feeding/trying to get the NB to sleep and my 16 month old wants hugs and attention. When they both want to be in your arms is the toughest part. Good luck to you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Coming from someone who had my children 51 weeks apart I will say it is the absolute hardest transition I have ever made. My H, even having been okay with the 2nd bfp, isn't as much help as I need. Really for the spacing you would need a large support system who are willing to help out. GL in whatever you decide, but I would highly suggest only doing it if your H has both feet 100 percent in so to speak.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"