Two Under 2

Lurker intro/question

Hi all.  I currently have 1 DD who is 10 months, and within the next two months DH and I plan to TTC #2.  We feel mostly ready, but his big hesitation has had to do with his car/carseats.  He drives a Toyota Corolla and DD"s seat is a Britax Roundabout.  We love her seat, but the only place it really fits is in the center while it's RF.  Can you fit an infant seat on the side while a car seat is in the center?  He is convinced we need a larger car first, I think we can make do for a little while longer.  I even suggested moving the Britax to my car (I have a mini van) and using it for the infant and switiching to a Diono in his car.  He seems unimpressed.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Lurker intro/question

• I don't have an answer to your question but I want to refer you to someone who can help. Check out thecarseatlady.com or the car seat lady on Facebook. You can email her with your question. There's also another Facebook group I think it's called car seats for the littles. There are people who can help with your specific car and seats. Or contact a local car seat technician in your area. Good luck! You should be able to make it work with the right seats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks for the help.  I think DH is finally convinced new car seats are the way to go, not a new car.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • smg2302 said:
    Thanks for the help.  I think DH is finally convinced new car seats are the way to go, not a new car.
    Definitely. Almost always cheaper to spend a couple hundred dollars on the right seats than have to get a new car! 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I would go to Buy Buy Baby and Try new seats since the Dionos are so tall, but don't forget about their adjuster to grab more space!
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Hey Shank!  I guess I'm busted over here....  To tall?  Wide?

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"