September 2013 Moms

BF baby refusing Bottle

I've never posted on here before, but I need some advice. My little guy has been primarily breast feed since birth, but I've supplemented with formula occasionally, usually a few times a week. For the last week, my ds has been refusing to take a bottle. I have tried different nipples, different bottles, formula, breast milk, and even 50/50 juice/water. I am wondering if he is getting teeth? Any advice or suggestions?

Re: BF baby refusing Bottle

• My LO has barely ever drank from a bottle because she would refuse it but she seemed more interested in a sippy cup and actually drinks some without it being a wrestling match. Might be time to try a cup?
  • We are working on the sippy cup too, but he doesn't seem to want to suck. He just chews on it.

• Loading the player...
  • I posted about this earlier except my LO has been refusing to nurse. Her bottom middle teeth just came through so it's most likely d/t that in my case. She's been nursing a little bit more but it's been a struggle. Good luck!
  • Are you trying to give him the bottle? My son often has issues taking the bottle when I'm around, but he takes it just fine at daycare. My husband was able to get him to take a bottle finally just by being patient but there was a lot of crying along the way unfortunately. We have had fewer issues since then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've tried, my husband, my five year old daughter, and a friend have all tried with no luck. Think maybe I will wait for a bit then try again. I don't want to be done breast feeding yet, but it would be nice if he would take a bottle!
  • Try NUK- med flow. It is the 'only' one my son took. Flat part against his tongue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"