Multiples
Options

If you had help other than DH at the beginning

Did they stay over or just come by when needed? What did they help with? Was it mostly household stuff (cleaning, dishes, laundry) or was it also childcare and night time wake-ups? If you have other little ones did they help take care of them?

Just curious, since I feel like with nursing and having them in our room at night, most of the baby stuff would be on me and DH. And other than some basic cleaning I'm just not sure what else there would be to do. But I could definitely be clueless about what it will be like!

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

Re: If you had help other than DH at the beginning

• Options
    My mom was with us for the first four weeks. She helped with laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. DH had to go back to work right away and there was no way I could have done all of that and care for twins after having a csection. She also drove me and boys to dr appointments and got groceries for us. Told me my job was to eat, sleep and feed babies!!
    Jenny-34, DH-39, Furdog-Nissa
    TTC#1 since Aug '05, CP: 10/05, 8/12; BO: 1/13;
    IUI #8: BFP, beta 1, 6/4/13: 267, beta 2, 6/6/13: 765; First US 6/18/13-Twins!!!
    Due February 13, 2014 with two BOYS! 
    Henry Leo, 4# 13oz, 18.75 inches and Samuel Thomas, 6#, 18.5 inches arrived via c-section January 30th!  

• Options
    If you have a c-section you will be limited in what you can do the first couple of weeks, including driving. If you are nursing it can be really helpful to have someone who can bring you water and food, change a diaper, hold a fussy baby, etc. All that plus all of the other things that need to get done around your house. Yes, your DH can help you do all of those things but another set of hands is nice. You never know if your babies will be sleepy, relaxed, or really fussy, so having help lined up for at least the first week might not be a bad idea. Then you can see how it goes and plan from there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a night nanny that took care of my girls from 11pm to 7am every night for the first 3 months.  I would pump bottles for the first feeding and then she would bring theme to me to nurse for the second feeding.  So I would get a good 6 or 7 hour stretch of sleep most nights.  My older daughter was barely 2.5 years old when I had the twins, and she was extremely needy of my attention so I really appreciated getting some rest.  My parents stayed with us for a few weeks to help with cleaning, cooking and baby care.  After that we hired a full time live in nanny/housekeeper.  My husband works long hours and travels out of state, so I can not depend on him for help (though when he is home he is very helpful, but he just can not help on a daily basis).  

Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
    Eva, born on 1/2/11
    Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13
  • Options
    Hi!

Pretty much what everyone else said. My mom stayed with us for a week and then my mother in law the next. It was so nice having someone cook,clean, do laundry. Also having an extra set of hands to help with the babies to give DH or I time for a nap :)
  • Options
    My mom lives really close to us so she came over when we needed her. When she did come over she would feed the babies for me (I pumped due to babies not latching) so I could get extra sleep or a nice long shower.  My DH went right back to work but he helped at night.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My mom stayed. With us for a few weeks. My MIL was there too but she was less helpful. I has supply issues so we had to supplement at night in the beginning, so my mother would do some night feedings. I was still up a lot to pump though. She also did all the cooking and any housework. I was very incapacitated from the Csection. I basically sat on the couch all day and nursed/ pumped, and slept.

image4months_2radioflyer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"