Breastfeeding

Uneven supply question

Lo is 6 months old. My leftie had always not produced as much when I pump. It used to be 3oz on left when 5 oz on right, when I would pump at work. For the past week or so, ever since I was sick, I am lucky to get 2 oz on the left, but still day 4-5 oz on right. Lo also seems frustrated with nursing on my left side. I use a nipple shield on the left due to the nipple being significantly smaller, causing him to not latch as well.
I have been offering the left side when I get home from work since he then has solids. And then offer the right side before bed to fill him up more.
Any insight into why the left may have dropped off?

Re: Uneven supply question

• My lefty also took a dip compared to righty around the same time. My LC said that due to blood circulation patterns the right side gets blood first. She suggested offering the left breast first, especially with MOTN feedings as sleepy babies seem to have less preference. My supply is still stronger on the right side (dd is 15mo), but lefty didn't dry up. Drink lists of water and good luck!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"