One & Done: Only child
Options

Potty update

DS got 4 stickers at school yesterday!!! That means he used the potty 4 times :) I went to the dollar store and got some stickers and poster board to start a chart. We also got a small basket with some suckers and small prizes for if he goes 5 times in one day. He was really excited about his stickers (he picked ninja turtles and owls LOL). He even got his first a home sticker last night before bathtime!! 

Re: Potty update

• Options

Awww-- that's awesome.

We are so so so very far away from potty training

:((

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Awesome!

Although I have to admit that I get jealous of kids who are much younger than mine who are having all of these successes.  I swear my kid's going to go to kindergarten in diapers or pull ups because she pretty much doesn't GAF, no matter what we try.
    My friend's kid was 3.5 yo and it just clicked one day for her. In retrospect, these milestones and whether you were early or late rarely matter, and no one ever brags about learning how to pee earlier than other people :) 
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awesome!

Although I have to admit that I get jealous of kids who are much younger than mine who are having all of these successes.  I swear my kid's going to go to kindergarten in diapers or pull ups because she pretty much doesn't GAF, no matter what we try.
    She will get there. I'm sure our process won't be overnight... 
  • Options
    Awesome!

Agree. DS is a little bit younger than Judith but he's totally fine in diapers. I got this 3 day potty training e-book from someone on here. Going to try it this spring/summer. He's gotta be in at least pull-ups to go to preschool in Sept. :/
    @m&mhavemyheart , some unsolicited thoughts? Please disregard if you want, but I found that my kid was a bit too old for the 3 day method back in december when she was 2 years, 3 mo old. The 3 day method was written for a specific age range and while there are principles and tips that can apply towards all potty training kids, you might want to modify for an older kid. Supernanny was a good resource for me to round it out. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    That's great!  Chocolate chips were the trick for my DS.  It was funny the power that ONE chocolate chip held.
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options

DS is 2.5 years old and nowhere being ready. His pedi reassured me its perfectly fine and that boys usually take longer than girls.

We sit him on the potty every day but he usually jumps up and runs away. The stickers wouldn't work since he'd grab them and go on about his business.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    meo34meo34 member
    Awesome!

Don't worry she will get there. DS was three and a half and we stressed for a year over it, trying everything, taking breaks every few weeks and trying again a few weeks later and when he did get it it was like switch turned on overnight and he did it in 2days. It was alot of stress we could of avoided by waiting until he was ready.
  • Options
    Good for him!

I was looking at preschools in Baltimore for our move. One Montessori school said they take 18 month olds and feel by that age they are capable of spending the day in pull ups or cotton underwear, so they won't do diapers. I was like Dafuq? What planet do you live on? I'll be happy if he's potty trained before 4, because he literally gives zero shits about his potty.
  • Options
    Yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"