One & Done: Only child

WWYD

So i got my son a bounce house for his birthday (next month). It was really nice on Sunday so we went ahead and set it up. He really didn't care for it.... like at all. He was in it for maybe 5 mins and then wanted out and refused to get back in. 

Should i just ride it off and get nothing else? Or should i get him something else like a playhouse or play bbq grill?

Re: WWYD

• I would get a little something else.

• My kid has way too many toys to start replacing ones he doesn't like.
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate when that happens.

He might be into it in a few weeks though.  Josie does that sometimes-- she won't like a toy initially but then all of sudden she can't get enough.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

Now i will have to be the murder in question if i have to re sell it! I told DH that maybe he will like it more this summer when we are in the back hanging out and he gets use to it.
  • I went with him but maybe if some of his younger cousins went with him he would like it more? 
  • He may be into it in a few months and I bet he'll be REALLY into come next spring/summer.  I'd hang on to and maybe get him a little something else for his birthday just so he has something to unwrap.  Like, a $10 toy or book or something.
  • hopefulmom81hopefulmom81 member
    edited March 2014
    I would get a little something else.
    Now i will have to be the murder in question if i have to re sell it! I told DH that maybe he will like it more this summer when we are in the back hanging out and he gets use to it.
    HAHAHA!

I wouldn't resell it, I would keep it as his main gift, but I would get a little something that you KNOW he will interact with, just in case.

I am sure he will love the bounce house in a few months.  He was probably just a bit intimidated by you standing there looking like this to watch if he was enjoying himself....

HAHAHA!

I wouldn't resell it, I would keep it as his main gift, but I would get a little something that you KNOW he will interact with, just in case.

I am sure he will love the bounce house in a few months.  He was probably just a bit intimidated by you standing there looking like this....

STFU LMAO that is funny!!! You know i was stupid excited!! 
  • His birthday is on easter so he will get an easter basket too. I usually do a book, side walk chalk, and bubbles then fruit snacks in plastic eggs.

His party is on Saturday though. I might just pick him up a $5.00 movie and a small toy for Saturday.
  • Definitely keep it. DD wouldn't have been "into it" at 1 but by age 2 she was all about the bouncy houses!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • yep, DD wasn't into it until she was around 2 years, 3 months or something. 
    imageimageimage
  • I'd hang onto it and try next year. DD wouldn't even consider going in on of those when she was that age.  Now, she likes them (as long as there aren't any other kids in there with her.)
    IMG_8355
  • meo34meo34 member
    I went with him but maybe if some of his younger cousins went with him he would like it more? 

Just going to say this. Kids seem to like most things like this with a group of kids. The mutual giggling and screaming adds to the experience! My vote is keep and buy something small.
  • meo34 said:
    I went with him but maybe if some of his younger cousins went with him he would like it more? 

Just going to say this. Kids seem to like most things like this with a group of kids. The mutual giggling and screaming adds to the experience! My vote is keep and buy something small.
    While I theoretically know this is generally true, my daughter is so far from this (mutual giggling and screaming is almost guaranteed to keep her away) that I still have a really hard time picturing it! o_O
    IMG_8355
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"