Birthday Parties

party favor question...dilemma

hello!  so i've been lurking for a bit as i'm planning my twins' 2nd bday party, and it's in a week, eek!.  so i have a lame question about what to do with the party favors which is:  canvas tote with personalized cookie, personalized water bottle, popcornopolis popcorn, sticker book and an animal mask.  do i:
1. stuff everything in the bag and leave them out for people to grab?
2. leave everything out so people can stuff their own goody bag?  the water bottles and cookies are super cute, as are the other stuff and i kind of wanted to have them out.  i was going to also make a sign that says something to the effect of :  "stuff your own goody bag!" so people wouldn't just take stuff off the goody bag table.
thanks in advance for your input!

Re: party favor question...dilemma

• Well, if the cookies and water bottles are personalized I'd have them already done and each bag labeled so the right kid gets their cookie and water bottle.  Having kids sort through those things to find theirs could get a bit hectic.  
  • mysticl said:
    Well, if the cookies and water bottles are personalized I'd have them already done and each bag labeled so the right kid gets their cookie and water bottle.  Having kids sort through those things to find theirs could get a bit hectic.  
    sorry!  i guess i wasn't clear!  when i say "personalized" i mean for our twins' bday.  like the water bottle labels and cookies will have our kiddos' names, age, the date, theme, etc.  i thought it'd be cute if they were all laid out instead of inside the goody bags.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you mean water bottles like a reusable water bottle?  Because I honestly don't think anyone will want those if they have some other kids' names on them.  Or do you mean bottled water with a special label they can throw in the trash once they are done?  Those would be cute.

I would still put everything in the bags and hand those out as they are leaving.  If you have the stuff set out it will get hectic with all those people trying to fill bags at once and I see you having kids trying to take 5 or 6 cookies or 3 popcorns and then melting down when their parents (I assume the parents are staying?) tell them no, or getting away with it because their parents let them.  And some (most) kids will want to eat their cookie and popcorn right then and there.  Little ones don't do well with delayed gratification.  Also, if you hand the bags to the parents as they are leaving it gives the parents a chance to remove anything they don't want their child to have.  

I say sacrifice your cute display for the sake of your sanity and that of the other parents.  

• thanks!  yeah, the more i think about it, the more it does make sense to put everything in...i don't even know what i would put everything in if i laid it all out!  thanks!!
  • I'd put it all together.

Holy hell that's a lot of party favors for a 2 year old's birthday!

• pdh2008 said:

I'd put it all together.

Holy hell that's a lot of party favors for a 2 year old's birthday!

lol, yah, i think i went a little overboard...i'm starting to kinda regret it.  it's just that we had a very simple, albeit cozy and comfortable, party last year b/c i was so freaking tired so i think i might be making up for it! :)
  • VORVOR member
    You lost me at "canvas tote".

Please, for the sake of all the other mothers out there, please keep it a little more simple next year.  I don't consider a canvas tote a "favor".  I consider it an out and out GIFT! 
  • WOW! Def pre-stuff and hand them out as they leave.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"