October 2012 Moms

Wednesday randoms

Mind if I start a Wednesday randoms?

Re: Wednesday randoms

• CnAnACnAnA member
    My kid just broke free of Mommy cuddles to go cuddle with Big Bear. Sad face.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • DD nose is running like mad.  All she wants to do is climb on me.  Thank goodness I never changed out of my PJs, I feel like I am covered in snot. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a random question and didn't want to start a new post for it...

Would you guys be concerned if your toddler didn't gain any weight over a month's time? My girls have been sick constantly for the past 6 weeks and I noticed Julie's weight has stayed the same from February 15 to March 20ish. I know she'll be fine since she's growing taller (and she's 27 pounds). I was just surprised, I would think toddlers should gain something.

• @LauraT25, what new guy? I'm sure I missed something. Sorry you're having a bad week!

• I had a random question and didn't want to start a new post for it...

Would you guys be concerned if your toddler didn't gain any weight over a month's time? My girls have been sick constantly for the past 6 weeks and I noticed Julie's weight has stayed the same from February 15 to March 20ish. I know she'll be fine since she's growing taller (and she's 27 pounds). I was just surprised, I would think toddlers should gain something.

no I wouldn't. T has gone through phases where she hasn't gained, and if she's been sick it's understandable. Obviously if she doesn't gain over a longer period, yes, but not a month (if she's otherwise healthy and back to eating well).
  • @lauraT25 that sucks! I hope it gets better for you. At my last job it was a total boys club and I was the only female manager and was definitely treated very differently.  I actually quit and found my current job which I love much better. Hope it doesn't get to the point were you want to quit! Good luck!

• T wasn't going to sleep (it's just before 9pm now) so we decided to go for a drive. While my husband and I were putting shoes on and getting keys, she was packing for the trip: one drum, two drumsticks, one goldfish (plastic) and one pine cone.

(We managed to leave it all at home and now she's fast asleep after a lovely drive in the rain.)
  • @babycarryingvessel I think that wesley also hasn't gained any weight in the last month but I know that he has gotten taller. As long as she is healthy and eating normally I don't think its anything to worry about.  I think someone mentioned around 18 months that they get a growth spurt as well. If it is really bothering you, you can put in a call to your pedi for piece of mind. :)

• mbm1983 said:
    really mad i had to leave my car when lunch was over today. npr had some fascinating shit about the extinction of the dinosaurs today. talking asteroids and stuff.
    you can download stories often via the app. At least for WNYC. Check it out.

• I went to the gym today, jogged a mile and then was like, meh. and left.
    my knee hurts. So much for training. 

• mbm1983 said:
    mbm1983 said:
    really mad i had to leave my car when lunch was over today. npr had some fascinating shit about the extinction of the dinosaurs today. talking asteroids and stuff.
    you can download stories often via the app. At least for WNYC. Check it out.
    i was just looking on npr and cpr but i can't seem to find it. but i'm gonna download the app and see what i can find. thanks!
    try the WNYC app. what show was it on ?

• mbm1983 said:
    i think i found it but work is preventing me from listening. i think it was radiolab one of the recorded live series in Seattle.
    get the radiolab podcast!

• mbm1983 said:
    i don't currently do podcasting, what do i do? haha
    do you have an iphone or an ipod?

• @RVASC811 Poor C, hope she feels betters soon!

• Bit my nails off. Really bad. My fingers hurt

• @mmnumber5 Yup he is 10 years old and just lays around the office and the hallways. 
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @chricast so glad you had a great first day and that E had a good first day at daycare.

• Wtf is with weirdos at the gym? I had some weird older guy approach me at the gym yesterday. I got off the treadmill after running 4 miles and this dude tried to have a conversation with me. He was clearly foreign since I had to repeat my name a few times. He asked if I came in every day and I said no, that I have 2 boys I'm always running after so I don't always make it.i said nice meeting you and darted away to go grab the boys from childcare.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"