C-sections
Options

Reoccuring C-Section and tubal ligation

Hey mammas,

I will be having a RCS in December and will be getting a tubal ligation since we only want to have 2 children.  I am in my early 30's.  Did you feel any sharp pains while pregnant and was the RCS easier and a faster recovery than the first one?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reoccuring C-Section and tubal ligation

• Options
    alathamalatham member

I would say that the RCS was much easier than my first. I went into the hospital knowing what to expect and wasn't already in labor so I didn't have to worry about having that in my mind. My RCS was a breeze. I showed up to the hospital at 6am, go my catheter put in, changed into gown, hung around for a while. My doctor came in and spoke to me, asked me how I was doing, if I was ready to go and have a baby and when she left she said, okay, I'm going to go get ready to deliver your baby! She was awesome. A little while later they came to get me, I went in alone, got the spinal and they got me ready, then my EH came in to the room. Before I knew it, it was 828am and baby was born! 2.5 hours from the time I got there until the time the baby was born didn't seem like a long time at all.

As far as the sharp pains, I only get some growing pains here and there.

BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My first C Section came after 36 hours of labor with little progress. So my RCS was super easy. No sharp pains, easier recovery, and the procedure itself was less unpleasant the second time around. I had heard from others that they had similar experiences with their RCS's.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 3rd c-section was the easiest.  Including recovery. I knew what to expect, and I knew that I had to move as much as possible even if it didn't feel good.  I was up and walking around the next day (it wasn't PRETTY but I was doing it, alone). And could go up and down the stairs in a few days.  MUCH different than the first, where I could barely even move the next day.
    Became a birth mother in 2003
    I have a sweet girl - Born August 2009
    I have a darling boy - Born April 2012
    Surprise *TWINS* BFP, IUD was gone! - Due January 2014

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Blog: Simply Complicated Life
  • Options
    My second c/s has been far better than my first.  With my first, I had only labored for 6 hours before needing surgery.  This time, I labored for 30 hours without the epidural working and I still found it way better.  I am not half as sore as the last time. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    meg1974meg1974 member

I did have some sharp pains while pregnant, around the area of my scar. My OB said it was normal after a c/s.

My recovery was much easier the second time around (although having a toddler to take care of was tough, so having help is important!).

• Options
    I'm wondering how did your tubal ligation and c-section fair?
    Did it go well? Any tips or suggestions, cautions for me?
    I'm hoping to do the same thing in October.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"