October 2012 Moms

Scheduled c-section question

AMT1107AMT1107 member
edited March 2014 in October 2012 Moms
If you had a scheduled C-section... how many days before your due date was it scheduled?

DH and I are thinking about number 2 but December is a busy birthday month and I don't want number 2 born on anyone's birthday (immediate family).  I know it doesn't happen right away but just in case. 

Yes I am an over planner and if I get to pick the day, we could start trying this month. If it's too close to a birthday, we will wait until April / May to TTC

ETA yes I know there are a lot more factors (good and bad) than picking a date but it's important to us to not have the baby on my sister or my DH's birthday.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Scheduled c-section question

• AMT1107AMT1107 member
    edited March 2014
    This is silly. What's so bad about sharing a birthday? I don't get it. I guess if it's really that important to you, you should just wait a bit to start TTC.
    Silly to some, but important to us.

Thanks Hismom2 that definitely helps, I have a yearly appt with my OBGYN next week, I'll see what her practice is but 1 week would work for us.
  • I feel like just assuming you'll deliver with no issues at 39 weeks is really tempting fate if dates are that important. It's something you have little control over. Why not just wait then?

• Loading the player...
  • I understand everything that was said above, it was just a question, like I posted above, I have an appointment with my ob-gyn and will talk to her then.

I know nothing is definite with pregnancy and many factors can change a date, early labor and many unhappy factors. 

Don't read to much into the question, just asking how many days / week in advance was the c-section scheduled.  I feel like I just said, my baby is front facing

• We scheduled my section at my 20 week appt and it was for week 39. I was given a window of dates to choose from and I did purposely choose a date that wasn't anyone else's bday! If I could choose it I figured why not!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They gave me a range to pick from. I really wanted a sept baby and they gave me the option of Sept 30th but it was a Sunday and my doc wasn't avail that day. So we went with Monday Oct 1st at 7am, the soonest I could get her out with my doctor there.

I was pushing for Sept because SD and MIL both have Oct bdays. But 10/01 is kinda cool and Oct 1st is also the school cutoff date here. I'm not saying I'll definitely send her, if she's not ready she's not ready. But knowing I have the option is nice.

• I had a scheduled induction for gestational diabetes at 39w 1d that ended in a c-section 4 days before my due date. I didn't really have a say in the matter though.

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I've had friends who scheduled very early in pregnancy and others who scheduled around 35 weeks. Definitely hospital/practice specific.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • My c-section was scheduled for the day before my due date and only because at 39 weeks baby girl was still breech. For a Dec baby you would need to conceive this month. Either way, best of luck with everything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • It totally depends on the OB/GYN. Mine does c-sections on a Wednesday, so the closest Wednesday before my due date was at 39 weeks. But T had other plans, so she came a couple of days early.

Some friends have had OB/GYNs who insist on 38 weeks. Some people get options - one acquaintance boasts that she chose her children's birthdays - they are on the same day, Dec 26th.

Even if you're planning dates, you have so little say in it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you everyone, just having a rough idea of when everyone scheduled is nice to know.

I appreciate your answers :)
  • I had a failed vbac with Ds2 however, my OB typically only does scheduled c-sections on Friday's because she doesn't see patients in her office on those days. Also the size of the hospital matters. Only so many inductions and c-sections can be scheduled on any given day because they have to take into account that women will go into labor on their own and they have to be able to accommodate them and the possibility of some of those women needing c-sections.

I scheduled my c-section at my 39 week appt for the day after my due date since my OB wouldn't induce with my planned vbac. I went into labor before my scheduled c-section.

• Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? You'd rather schedule a c-section for your convenience than just wait to TTC? You're selfish.
    Thank you :)
  • I don't know anything about planning c sections, but I'm assuming this would be a RCS right?
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I don't know anything about planning c sections, but I'm assuming this would be a RCS right?
    Yes, my son was an emergency c-section. 

I talked to my obgyn - she does then at 39 weeks on Wednesdays and Fridays (unless other factors change the urgency)
  • Thank you Hismom12 and stephcarter  

When I posted I didn't think it would cause such controversy, I know you can't plan when you have a baby but I can plan when we TTC and what the projected date would be each month after we TTC
  • maybe she thought you were going to schedule a c to avoid bdays or TTC later and not have a c? I don't know.

But happy baby making! ;)

• I'm a planner and I totally understand where you're coming from!!
    I would just keep in mind that if you already know you're going to have a scheduled c-section it will probably be at 39 weeks, if not earlier (37 - 38 wks).

I'm hoping I can pick the day for my c section this fall because my family will be flying in from California but there's always the chance of going into labor before the appointment. My first baby was born 12 days early!

Good Luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"