Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Birthday planning help

So I have been to many family birthday party for kids in my family or even for friends of mine that have been pretty elaborate and very fun for the adult interaction and very fun for the kids as well. I however feel like I really lack at this when it comes to my own child. I am a pretty boring, laid-back mom who doesn't mind going out and buying a few decorations for this or that but doesn't like going out all crazy with buying stuff, having goodie bags, have really big elaborate decorations to make the party look good and inviting. I also don't like spending money on things that will end up being thrown away even though it's for my DD and to make her happy on her birthday. I know I have some time yet but she will be turning two in August and my DH and I are trying to figure out if we should start planning her birthday party now just so we have a handle on what we are wanting to do for it and trying to buy stuff before we run out of time. Last year we didn't really want to have a party with our friends there because the friends that would come would have been just for our benefit and not hers even though she would have got presents from them. So we just ended up having a party for her with our families because she was 1 and couldn't really do much with the kids in our family that are much older than her so we just had family. We went and bought some small decorations in Minnie Mouse and Daisy because she liked Mickey Mouse Club House then. Now she is REALLY into sesame street with Elmo, Big Bird, etc. SO we are thinking we will do something with that for her birthday but we don't know what and I am not sure how far out with the details and everything we should go. Do we need to have goodie bags for any of our friends that bring their kids there?, should we have a piñata for the kids to try and get candy out of?, should we have games for them with prizes?, etc. What kinds of things should I be thinking of when it comes to planning my DD's birthday parties to make it fun for her but yet nothing too crazy and wild that will require a lot of money spending, lots of cleaning up, and something that my DH and I can enjoy being with her on her day instead of being consumed everyone doing okay at the party? TIA!

Re: Birthday planning help

• Sounds good! Thanks for the tips! That is about as low key as I like for parties that I have to plan. Or about as simple as what we had for her last year! :)
  • LOL! Yep that's me! I don't know why I allow myself to overthink so many things but I just do. I'm a constant worrier which I HATE!! Ugh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"