Adoption

Weekly Check-In March 24

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

3.) AR-QOTW - Besides here do you participate in any adoption support groups - why or why not ?

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What hobbies do you have? 

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014

Re: Weekly Check-In March 24

• 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

Foster to Adopt

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

We are in the midst of training and I have to admit it is depressing.   This weekend all that was discussed is all the problems kids may have, how to recognize signs of sexual abuse, etc.   It was very demoralizing and depressing.   It would have been nice to have some positive stories thrown in as opposed to all negative. 

3.) AR-QOTW - Besides here do you participate in any adoption support groups - why or why not ?

Not yet.  I am researching ones in the area.  

Photography, travel, cooking. 

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

A hopeful future adoptive mama in a DIA program

We are waiting. There are no accomplishments, no set backs. Nothing is happening. We had recieved word about 2 possible cases and both of them fell through. Certainly tough. We are going to be going on month 5 with no profile showings... It's depressing! 

Our local office at the agency we are through offers one, but nobody attends so it is quite difficult to be a part of that! 

I love to craft/quilt... reading books (esp. out on the dock in the summer!) and really being with family! 

Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• Loading the player...

Proud Mommy through DIA and an adoptee myself.

Currently considering beginning the process again.

Yes, I'm such a strong advocate for adoption I like to support and help other families going through the process. I also enjoy helping families that have a transracial adoption navigate that road.

Cooking, baking, volunteering, sewing and writing

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1.) PAP through DIA

2.) We're just waiting.  We did hear last week that our profile was shown at least once since we've been waiting so that was pretty exciting to hear.  

We're also just been buying baby stuff here and there and we've got a nice little pile of gender neutral clothes, a car seat, pack 'n' play and the stroller should be coming this week!  I'm in total nesting mode! 

3.) As of right now, I do not.  But one of my good friends is going through the process so any time I need to vent/sound off, I usually text/call her and she does the same.  

4.) Collecting comic books with DH, puzzles, traveling, playing with our fur-children (2 dogs + 3 cats), board games... We're pretty nerdy/lame. Haha.

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
    Foster to adopt

2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs? Feel free to vent!

We just had our home inspection today and we are now offically certified!!!! We are so excited all the heavy paperwork is done and now we just wait for a call. I'm sure that is the hardest part all the waiting but in very hopeful that we will get a call very soon!

I hope that once I get to know more about how adoption works I can help others that need or want to know more about foster adoption.

I love to quilt, decorate, garden, walk my dogs, and fun summer days on the boat at the lake!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type:  DIA- PAP

2.) Where are you in the process?  Waiting. We've been approved and waiting 13 months. We've only been shown once :(  We've gone back and forth on adding a second agency, we actually have all the paperwork filled out and ready to go.... but that was the same day that our profile was shown for the firs time (about a month ago) so we are hesitating.

3.) AR-QOTW - Besides here do you participate in any adoption support groups - why or why not ? Our agency has started a monthly support group which we attend. Other wise I just talk with my family/friends

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What hobbies do you have? Sewing. Recently, I taught myself how to sew on a machine and I love it!! I already sewed new valences for the living room. I really want to make curtians for the nursery.

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • m5858m5858 member

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  PAP in DIA
    2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs? Feel free to vent!  We just submitted the first part of the paperwork for our home study. We're waiting to hear back from the SW about the next step. I'm nervous about how much time my DH will have to do adoption stuff while he finishes his spring semester. He's taking 21 hours and has his plate full. But there's only one more month of class; the last day before exams start is April 25. He's gone or busy 100+/week right now and that means I'm here doing the adoption stuff alone. I know he wants to adopt and he's excited about being a father, but I wish he could be more of a part of this process right now.
    3.) AR-QOTW - Besides here do you participate in any adoption support groups - why or why not?  Nope. Right now, I'm just struggling with a balance of time and energy. There is a local foster and adoption group near me that I'd like to attend, but now just isn't a good time for me.
    4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What hobbies do you have?  I love to cook and craft. Right now, my brother-in-law is in the middle of helping us renovate our bathrooms so the house is an epic mess, but I look forward to reclaiming my craft space to sew up some stuff for the nursery. 

PAP through DIA

We are working on putting tin on our roof, so DH is distracted with that. We should (fingers crossed) be doing our home study in April! 

I have some girl friends that are great if I just need some time away, to think about other things or to vent. Otherwise, I only come on here to get my daily "fix".

Horses! They can sometimes feel like more of a chore than a hobby, but I love them!

•  

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? DIA.

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent! I'm brand new here, and we are just starting the process. We've sent in the initial paperwork for the homestudy, and are simultaneously working with the agency on our profile. I am already feeling inundated with paperwork and I know it is just beginning. :)

3.) AR-QOTW - Besides here do you participate in any adoption support groups - why or why not ? We don't, although I'd like to. We are working with a national agency, so no local support there, but I bet there are groups in my area. There are several adoptive families at our church, and we're just beginning to connect with them.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What hobbies do you have? Knitting, and I am a huge bookworm.

• 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? DIA, mom.

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  We still don't have a finalization date. Baby will be 8 months old on Thursday. boo. I did however get our marriage license and all the baby's medical paperwork into the lawyer (ya know, the medicals I didn't know I needed) and I am calling him once a day until he has positive news for me.

Not really. I read lots of blogs and I try to read stuff by and about birth parents. But it often just depresses me and makes me think I'm a horrible person for adopting.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What hobbies do you have? I knit and play the harp and do yoga.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1. DIA OR NLRFTA.
    2. We just finished our 4th class (1/3 rd down), we've been fingerprinted and turned in our family profile and photo book.
    The only vent I have is that one if our trainers is a foster mom who is extremely discouraging. She puts people down and is very snobby. The rest of our trainers are great. They all work in our local DSS office and either know my good friend there or know me through her. This trainer is just, blah.
    3. Just TB. We did find out about a lic support group last night that we are going to check out!
    4. I love to garden, teach youth cheer and tumbling, work with troubled youth, sewing (I just got a fully functional 1950s Singer) and all kinds of crafting with my daughter. I used to love to crochet and needle felt but my hands just don't work as good as they used to :-(
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"