Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

It has been three months

And it still hurts. I am mentally read to TTC again but have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Ulcerative Colitis and the doctors want me to wait until my current flare goes into remission. i am on prednisone and a UC medication and see the GI doc again in a month. At that point if we believe the meds worked and I am in remission then I will be allowed to TTC again, but I had to see a fertility doctor the first time around and I HSTE having to wait because who knows how long it will take.... I am feeling frustrated and betrayed by my body. I will never forget my first little Fetey but really want to try again. I am 29 and feel that clock ticking away. I am surrounded by pregnant friends too. It is just hard.
-Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
Me:30   Hubby:31
TTC since May 2012 
HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
Metformin Started May 2013
PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
*I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

Re: It has been three months

• Options
    *ticker warning*

I am so sorry for your loss and that you can't move on to TTC the way you want to. I hope you get the green light soon.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    (((Hugs))) I totally get being frustrated by your body. I also know that there's probably a small sliver (at least) of you that knows it's best. There's so much angst surrounding a loss and TTCAL... And the waiting until you're really ready (physically and emotionally) to try again.

I hope you are in remission soon and you can try quickly.

Also, 29 is young! You have lots of baby making years ahead of you.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    *ticker warning*

I really hope you are able to ttc again soon! I am going to be 29 this year and feel my clock ticking too. My dh is 35 and I just have a fear that one of these days he's going to tell me he's 'too old' to want another baby. Hugs to you!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies! Part of me knows I am still young. My mom was 32 when she had me. Part of me feels like it is okay I have time then another part of me says wait are you crazy? It only gets harder after 35 by what all the doctors say... Then I remember my aunt had healthy twins at 38... It is like tennis in my head. I am frustrated that the UC triggered at this point of my life where I am trying to have babies. It is a genetic disorder and you can have the gene and go your whole life never turning it "on". But once it is triggered it is there... And usually is triggered by stress... You know like having a miscarriage? ::sigh:: I just have to be optimistic and positive and pray that this medication is working... But a month feels like soooo far away when you are ready to start again... And another period will just remind me that I was supposed to be pregnant still. So many emotions. I am ready to start again but still miss the first... Every single day I think of my lost little one and wonder what they would have been like. Only you ladies who have been through it understand these feelings and I am glad we have this forum to talk. Thank you for your support. Sorry for your losses as well.
    -Megan

TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 

ALL WELCOME!

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I know that "STUCK" feeling all to well. You just want to move forward so badly but you just can't at the moment. I get it and the "stuck" feeling truly SUCKS!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about your loss and the situation you are in! I am also 29 and I know about that feeling of the clock ticking, but you do still have time. Try not to let it get to you, which I know is easier said than done. It took me a while to wrap my mind around the possibility that everyones time to be a mom is different so there is no such thing as being a mom too early or too late. Now I am convinced that I still have plenty of time. Big ::hugs:: to you!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis and hope you get cleared to try again soon. I have a history of autoimmune disease and it can be very frustrating. I'm going on 33 and feel discouraged by my age but I look at it this way...It's the LEAST of my problems. Hang in there and positive vibes your way. 
  • Options
    Thanks all!
    -Megan

TTC since May 2012 

ALL WELCOME!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"