April 2014 Moms
Options

Teeeeam Greeeeen Check-In

Hello Ladies!

Here we are again!

How far along are you and how are you feeling?

What's left to put in your hospital bag?

Any upcoming milestones or appointments?

What would you say to a newly pregnant FTM who is considering waiting to find out the sex?

And just for fun-
Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Confess!
BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Teeeeam Greeeeen Check-In

• Options

I will be 38 weeks on Friday!!! Feeling good - well, sore, tired, etc but overall I'm not complaining!

Um, everything! I should go do that now.

My RCS is scheduled for April 4th - a week from Friday!!

What would you say to a newly pregnant FTM who is considering waiting to find out the sex?

Go for it! It makes it such a fun experience - it makes finding out early seem like peeking at your Christmas presents. Why spoil the surprise??

And just for fun-
    Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Confess!

Not really! I wish! I'm still doing as much as possible but I told DH last night that next week I am not doing anything! No laundry, cooking or tidying! Easier said than done with a toddler in the house though, lol.
  • Options
    JuneDay2913JuneDay2913 member
    edited March 2014
    How far along are you and how are you feeling? 36 weeks & 5 days

What's left to put in your hospital bag? Everything :( I have not done it. 

Any upcoming milestones or appointments? Just two NST's this week & seeing the DR. 

What would you say to a newly pregnant FTM who is considering waiting to find out the sex? It is so worth waiting for, I think it is fun not knowing, also a plus is the DR's are just as excited along with you, since no one really waits anymore. 

And just for fun- 
    Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Confess!  Totally did this yesterday I had to go to the other side of the building and I was totally not feeling it, I begged the person to come to me.

Edit Spelling

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    35 weeks exactly today. Feeling okay, definitely wanting this LO to come a couple weeks early! 

Hospital bag? What is this hospital bag you speak of? I haven't even started packing it yet!

Today is 35/35 Yay! Getting closer!

Its hard but I think in the end it will be totally worth it!

And just for fun- Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Confess!
    This one is really no big deal, but I occasionally make DH help me do something that I could do but having him help me makes it easier. Like getting off the couch, or putting tennis shoes on.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you and how are you feeling? 37w4d - feeling good, but tired. I think the baby finally dropped a bit because I'm breathing much, much easier.

What's left to put in your hospital bag? Just last minute stuff like iphones and chargers. 

Any upcoming milestones or appointments? Just a weekly checkup this afternoon. 

What would you say to a newly pregnant FTM who is considering waiting to find out the sex? It's hard but I think it will be worth it in the end.

And just for fun- 
    Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Confess! Yes, I had my husband put a pair of socks on me the other day. 
  • Options
    How far along are you and how are you feeling? Continuing to happily bring up the caboose at 34 wks :) Feeling great, a little sad about this pregnancy coming to a close... 

What's left to put in your hospital bag? Uh, everything. We're planning a home birth, so it's not as crucial, but I still want to pack a small one just in case there's an emergency or complication and we end up having to go to the hospital.... 

Any upcoming milestones or appointments? Midwives appointment on Thurs but that's about it.

What would you say to a newly pregnant FTM who is considering waiting to find out the sex? It's such a personal decision, she should just do whatever she and her SO feel is right. I'd share our positive experiences with not finding out for both pregnancies though. 

Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Pssh! Of course! How about basically all laundry for the past 9 months? Haha!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Here we are again! 

I am 37w2d today. Woot woot! I'm feeling pretty energetic today; have been going around the apartment, cleaning, sewing and dancing to Bob Marley with my big baby belly. I felt some major dropping last night, including some baby kicks in my butt/lower pelvis. 
    Snacks for the hubster, clothes for me to change into, chargers and my birthing ball...but let's face it, that isn't going to fit into any kind of bag :-)
    Have my 37 week check up on Thursday where we'll find out/confirm baby's position. 
    Like PP, it's a personal decision but...there are SO FEW genuine surprises in life. Why spoil the good ones? This is the reason we opted to wait. Also, you won't be any less prepared in figuring out how to take care of your LO; you'll either wipe up or wipe down when it's time to change the diaper. 
    And just for fun- 
    I haven't had to touch the cat litter for nine months and it's been freaking awesome. I'm getting lazier with each passing day however, meaning I ask the hubster for 'just a small, quick favor' that usually entails him getting me my rice bag, another pillow, a glass of chocolate milk, my phone and a blanket. 
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    How far along: 38&3, feeling every day of it. So uncomfortable, not sleeping well, reflux kicked in full gear, nightly contractions...

hospital bag: LOA paperwork in case labor starts before my next appointment, hair brush, razor (I cannot handle more than a day of unshaven armpits) and makeup. I think that's it.

upcoming: hopefully labor. If not an appt on Thursday & induction on Monday.

For a newly pregnant FTM: I peaked at the sex the first time- no regrets, but I'm glad I'm actually doing team green this time.

pregnancy card: using it to throw MILs guilt trips back at her ("ohhh, we reallllllly wish you would come for xxxx" "that sounds great! But we'll see, I'm pretty uncomfortable/exhausted") and DH pretty much has me on bed rest so he can get through a big meeting on Wednesday, but that's more him than me.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    @poppyseedwindsor  I totally agree with you, it has been so wonderful not touching the cat litter :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @JuneDay2913 I'm lucky that the hubster is convinced that cat litter is bad for breastfeeding mothers too (Nooooooo idea where he got that idea!).

Looks like I'll be breastfeeding for....ever? :-)
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    @ksulli, I'm in the same boat - my husband had a big exam today and we were hoping the baby would keep baking until today - looks like we made it! Last night I was scared to get out of bed to pee because I didn't want baby to come, haha!
  • Options
    @JuneDay2913 I'm lucky that the hubster is convinced that cat litter is bad for breastfeeding mothers too (Nooooooo idea where he got that idea!).

Looks like I'll be breastfeeding for....ever? :-)
    I am so jealous! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you and how are you feeling? 36 on Thursday!  Not feeling awful, just your regular to be expected fatigue and discomfort.

What's left to put in your hospital bag? Everything

Any upcoming milestones or appointments? GBS test at appointment this week.  Can't say I'm looking forward to that.  More excitingly, yesterday was exactly a month until the due date.

What would you say to a newly pregnant FTM who is considering waiting to find out the sex? It is completely your choice, but the excitement for me has built and is still building because we're so close to finding out who this little person is.

And just for fun- 
    Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Confess!  I don't carry near as many groceries into the house any more.  DH is a good sport though.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you and how are you feeling? 37 Weeks today

What's left to put in your hospital bag? Mine and Baby's overnight bag still needs toiletries.  My labor bag is still empty, should probably work on that this week(end)

Any upcoming milestones or appointments? I had my GBS test yesterday.  Then when I asked the Doc if the baby had turned, he couldn’t find the head.  So we did a quick U/S to determine that Baby had not only turned, but had dropped too. 

What would you say to a newly pregnant FTM who is considering waiting to find out the sex? The anticipation is totally worth not finding out.  It’s really fun to hear everyone’s guesses.  It’s a personal decision, but one that you need to decide together with DH and you need to make the decision and let it go.  If you stress about it, you might eventually cave.

And just for fun-
    Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Confess! I have DH put away everything that goes on the lower cabinets b/c I “can’t” get down that low – well now I really can’t but like 3-4 weeks ago I still could, but made him.    
  • Options
    35 + 2, hanging in there, except I'm losing my mucus plug and it's gross!  Also ribs are in constant pain, and pelvis is all out of wack, some days worse than others. Sleeping is illusive due to all the peeing and waking up feeling like something is trying to spread my ribs. Otherwise I'm still mobile, still working out 3x/week, and still working!
    Everything! We had house guests this past week, and another one this coming weekend, so I'll start after that. I have a nice list though.
    OB appt this Thurs, plus I have GD so I have to send in my diet record and blood sugar numbers every week. Annoying.
    Do it! It's so much fun, despite everyone else saying how they couldn't possibly wait, and all the people who are constantly trying to guess the sex based on how I'm carrying. DH and I wanted this to be a surprise!
    And just for fun- 
    Not really, though I am less capable of some things, like carrying heavy stuff, putting on my boots (winter can't seem to leave NYC), and walking at a normal pace. My hubby generally does the heavy lifting with laundry, I just help fold. But I do most of the cooking, so it's pretty fair. We both split putting dishes away, but I can't reach the higher shelves now, it's like my arms are shrinking because I'm carrying all out front!

Good luck to all the green mamas out there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    37 weeks tomorrow and still feeling good, just moving slower :)

The only thing in it so far is clothes. Slowly packing it, although the baby's bag is ready to go!

Had an appointment today, just playing the waiting game according to my midwife. Will still be a couple weeks before she even asks to check and see if anything is happening.

I've definitely enjoyed it, but I know it isn't for everyone (DH included)! I probably won't be able to convince him to do it again, but so many people have been excited for us because we chose to wait!

And just for fun-
    Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done?

I feel like other people use it for me! DH actually said last night that he won't get to spoil me too many times, so he's doing as much as he can.
  • Options
    37w 5d, tired yet energized and feeling pressure and cramping. Since most things are done that are important I'm feeling ready for this baby to come. 
    everything but toiletries
    Dr. did a quick sono scan today to check if the head was down because he wanted to double check what he felt on the outside. I quickly reminded him I don't want to know and he turned the monitor around. The head was pretty low which is why he didn't feel it! Yay!
    Its so going to be worth the wait and suprise! Don't let family and friends talk you out of it, annoy you if you choose to do it and make you feel bad about not knowing. =) Oh and it makes it fun if you like to do the opposite of what they want you to do like my Husband and I. LOL

And just for fun- 
    Litter box for sure. Although I have done it again a few times lately with my annoying disposable gloves. 
  • Options
    How far along are you and how are you feeling? 35w,5d with twins. Very tired.

What's left to put in your hospital bag? We finally packed bags this weekend. Just have those last minute things to put in there - eye glasses, phone charger, etc. 

Any upcoming milestones or appointments? Have my weekly NST tomorrow. Also have a growth scan. Hoping Baby A's weight has gone up. Otherwise, I may be having these babies a little sooner than I planned. Very nervous about the appointment tomorrow. I really want to make it until April before these babies make an appearance!

What would you say to a newly pregnant FTM who is considering waiting to find out the sex? It has been so much fun. Not only do you get the best anticipation and surprise ever, but you get to drive everyone else crazy because they can't know the sex either!

And just for fun- 
    Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Confess! Not really. I've been told I should be using the pregnancy card more - especially because I'm pregnant with twins. Every time I've pulled the pregnancy card, it's been legit. 

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• Options
    -37 weeks today

- a onesie and cardstock for baby's footprints

- Was told I had cholestatis last Monday and will need to be induced at 37 weeks. Been taking the non-stress test 2x a week. My dr's appt in the morning will determine my induction date which will most likely be Thursday. So nervous!!!

- Do it! It's been exciting and love hearing everyone's guesses.

And just for fun- Have you used your "pregnancy card" to get out of doing something that you totally could have done? Confess!
    - Yes, I haven't had to walk the dogs! My sweet hubby had to go out of town one wknd and hired a dog walker just so I didn't have to get out of bed. He's been doing everything around the house from cooking to cleaning. I love being this spoiled.
  • Options

38 weeks tomorrow.... or in 1 hour haha. Had a pretty awesome week actually! Super uneventful. I guess I had a headache on Saturday night but I blame that on the cake I ate. I'm not a big sugar person and I just needed some cake so I indulged.... and then sugar headache. I think it was a fair trade-off. 

I'm pretty much set I think! Just a few things like the camera and snacks to pack! 

I had my 38 week appointment today. No change in dilation. Still just a fingertip! Doctor set an induction date if it doesn't happen on its own. April 17! Feels so far away... 

This question is tough for me because I did not want to be team green at all but my DH was really adamant that he wanted to be surprised. We talked about it a lot and agreed that for the first one we would be team green and for future pregnancies we would find out the gender. It's been a very long road and I'm dying to find out what LO is!! 

And just for fun- 

I haven't had to scoop dog poop in like 9 months..... hahaha. DH is convinced that I shouldn't be around poop. I have not explained that it's just cat poop that I need to worry about. 
    YCSWU
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"