One & Done: Only child
Options

Gel Manicure?

Anyone try it?  I get my nails done weekly, but just a regular mani.  I am thinking about trying gel, because it supposedly lasts 2 weeks?

Anyone have any experience- good or bad? 

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

Re: Gel Manicure?

• Options
    I have had them done! I love it! I also really like the shellac (basically the same thing). It usually last me about 2 weeks +. And i am not gentle with my nails. The only thing that sucks is getting it off. Definitely go back and have the salon do it.
  • Options
    I had gel polish put on before Christmas and it lasted 3 weeks.  It was terrible work getting it off though but, if you go weekly, they can do that for you when needed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Does it damage your nails at all?  Probably a silly question.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I'm thinking mine were the OPI like Yellow is talking about because there was no just coming off after 10 minutes of soaking.  I had to soak forever and then chip away at each finger nail.  And they did wreck my nails.  They were weak and rough.  I really liked the polish though, but I think I'll only get it for special occasions (like a wedding I'm a BM in in September).
  • Options

Thanks ladies.

I think I will try it.  I am going to Florida for a long weekend and just don't want to be bothered.  I would definitely have the salon take the polish off since I have a standing appointment.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I am Hesitant to do the one with the UV bulb. I just think that is bad.

• Options
    I love the gel polish and the shellac!
  • Options
    I love the gel polish! I had it for my wedding instead of acrylics and I loved it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"