Late Term and Child Loss

I made it through the bridal shower

Hi there- so I attended a bridal shower yesterday and the minute I say down someone congratulated me and it felt like a knife stabbed me in the heart .... I do understand that she just didn't know since it's only been 2 weeks that I lost Joseph so news didn't spread far enough her way- I made it thru the whole shower, did have a few eye welling up moments but no breakdowns - people understood that I did to want to talk about it still some approached me with condolences but that was ok. I can't say I enjoyed myself much but I did feel this was not a bad step forward for me at this time. Not looking to run out into the world but am ok trying to come out of hiding taking baby steps at best - thanks for anyone who have advice and listened last week as I anticipated going to the shower xoxo

Re: I made it through the bridal shower

• I'm glad it went ok. For me it seems that the anticipation of the event is worse than the event itself.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• @dadalou‌.... Yes agreed, it certainly was xoxo
  • Loading the player...
  • You have been heavy on my heart, I hope you are feeling well. Leaving your house is a big step and I am proud of you for that, it will get easier for you, but like you said baby steps..((hugs)) 
  • I'm glad it went well and big props to you for getting out. I didn't really see people for months and even that was difficult. Way to go! That's a big step!
  • Agreed with everyone else - that is a huge step!  I know it must have been rough on you, but you made it through.  Very proud of you. 
  • Thank you so much for your support it means a lot. I'm trying to find a new normal and know some things may not work but I feel for myself I need to try a little each day and be strong for my little guy. xo
  • JessicaG220JessicaG220 member
    edited March 2014

**SIGGY WARNING**

I'm glad you were able to get out and socialize.  It's important.  Each time you do, it's a small step toward healing.  I remember how difficult it was to put a smile on my face while I was crying and heartbroken inside.  It felt like I was a shell of my former self.  As time has passed, I have been able to more easily put a genuine smile on my face as I enjoy being with family and friends and I can think of my daughter fondly.  The pain never goes away, but it will lessen.  Hugs to you.

Ava's Story
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thanks for listening @JessicaG220‌ xoxo
  • ***SIGGY***

You are one strong woman - I'm glad you decided to go to the shower and that it went OK. I also agree that the anticipation of the event sometimes is worse than the actual event, and I'm glad that seems to be the case with this shower. You go, girl. **hugs**

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you @OSUWifey09‌ I also understand you're going thru some additional struggles right now so you hang in there too ... and please reach out if you need to talk or someone to listen *sending you hugs back* xoxo
  • I'm so glad that it was a good step for you. It's definitely a big one - I'm definitely not up for that at this point.
  • @LyndseyTS‌ thanks for listening - do what is right for you at your own pace throughout xoxo
  • Glad to hear the shower wasn't too difficult. That was a big step - I still find myself avoiding large groups of people - so good for you. ((Hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • @stefuge‌ I'm trying :) thanks for listening xo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"