Breastfeeding

When did you stop keeping track of feeds?

DD is 11 weeks old and starts daycare in 2 weeks. I track all her feedings on an iPhone app right now. I'm guessing that'll be more of a pain when I'm missing her feedings because I'm at work.

When did you stop tracking feedings?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you stop keeping track of feeds?

• I just stopped tracking about 2w ago.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• With DD#1 tracked for 30 days, DD#2 after I left the hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I stopped as soon as he regained his birth weight.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My LO is 7 mo and I still keep track. I don't write it down or anything I just pay attention to the time. Makes things easier.
  • Laurakat81Laurakat81 member
    edited March 2014
    I tracked for a week but only because I thought her pediatrician would want to see the information at her one week check up seeing as they forced me to write everything down in the hospital. It was obvious to me that she was eating enough, sleeping enough, and pooping and peeing enough so once I realized it was completely unnecessary and a waste of precious time I quit immediately!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• We stopped around 2 months.  For me, it was just too much work since I knew they were both eating plenty by that point.  I am not a very organized person to begin with though.  
  • I stopped around 3 to 4 weeks tracking in my iPhone. I still mentally will count up how many total bottles/nursing sessions LO has had on most days. DC sends home a sheet as well.
  • 88sharonlee88sharonlee member
    edited March 2014
    I tracked on my app for about 2 months but then got really sloppy about it.
    I usually only tracked nursing and sleep.

Now at 4 months I've started writing a log (not using the app) of feeding because in still working out pumping at work and her daycare needs. If that gets into a routine I'll stop.

• I'm planning on stopping after our 2 month doctor appointment as long as everything is looking good!

• As soon as they stopped doing it in the NICU since she was back up to birth weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Around 3 months
  • I stopped when we hit 6lbs, which for us was right at the one month visit. After that, we just fed on demand, and didn't have to wake her/prompt her to eat, so there was no point in tracking. We just kept a general eye on how many diapers she went through per day.
  • I tracked for a week but only because I thought her pediatrician would want to see the information at her one week check up seeing as they forced me to write everything down in the hospital. It was obvious to me that she was eating enough, sleeping enough, and pooping and peeing enough so once I realized it was completely unnecessary and a waste of precious time I quit immediately!

This. I was like.. This is homework?!!! Then I figured out no one was even going to check it.
  • I think I stopped around 1 month. I was a nervous wreck about his weight gain and breastfeeding those first few weeks and I was obsessed with the chart and writing everything he did down. But then I had some good weight checks and got in the swing of things and felt more confident and that's when I stopped-- around one month I think.

But there's no right or wrong here. If it helps you and you like doing it then go for it as long as you want.

I have a friend that still charts for her 4 year old. She writes down feedings (time/what she eats), BMs, naps, night time sleep and any info about sickness and meds. She color codes it with hi lighters and stuff. She loves doing it!
  • How did you have weighted feeds?
  • I think we stopped physically tracking / writing it down around 1 mo. However, since LO is with me all day I still mentally track. If he seems to be going off schedule (eating more/less, changing nap times) I will physically track for a few days just to figure out the new system.
  • I stopped when DD was 1.5 weeks old because I did it on my cell phone when nursing required 2 hands. With one hand on my cell phone she chewed my nipple raw. It was also driving me crazy keeping track of that data and didn't feel natural.

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
    BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!
  • I stopped tracking about a week old. I noticed when I stopped worrying about the times, numbers, etc.. it all just got easier. I feed on demand and it's so much better than constantly thinking about plugging information into an app.  LO is 6 weeks old and growing like a weed. It works for us! 
  • Still tracking, 11 mos and 1 day
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• I stopped after 2 days of being home!
  • I still track - 5m today. I also track everything I eat and how her diapers are doing. She's MSPI and there's a long list of other things I can't eat. It's been very helpful in determining what she's reacting to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• flclflcl member
    I still track... I try to pay attention to LO's cues but I still have a severe case of baby brain.  That does get better eventually, right?... ;)
  • 5 weeks today and still tracking feedings, diapers and sleep in my Baby Connect app.
  • I stopped the minute we left the hospital (and to be honest, I did a crappy job while we were there anyway)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I stopped at 7 months.  It was getting to the point where I was skipping recording her MOTN feedings and then I finally just let it go all the time.  It's been kind of a relief, though I did like having the data... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"