November 2014 Moms
Options

STM (or more) compare your pregnancies!

Since this is my second, I am wondering how other peoples' pregnancies compare-similar, or very different?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STM (or more) compare your pregnancies!

• Options
    Mine so far are pretty different. With my first I had m/s all day and I could barely eat, smell or look at food. I think I didn't cook for two months. This time, I am hungry all the time, and then I get nauseated in spurts, but other than that I can eat a horse!

I am also out of breath already, and I don't remember that happening until much later last time.

• Options
    mb314mb314 member
    Mine seem similar.  I haven't yet developed the food aversions I had with my first, but I think that still may be yet to come.  I'm exhausted like I was last time, but this time I have an 18 month old who doesn't sleep well, so I don't get to sleep 10 hours a day. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Generally, they've all been roughly the same; I think my morning sickness has gotten progressively worse, and I only recall having an extreme loss of appetite with this one and the last one.
  • Options

Baby #2 for us ....this time around feels same- nausea in waves but a little more tired this time around. I have a 2 year old who wants mommy to dance like a ballerina princess all the time so that's probably why I am more sleepy lol.

;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This time I started feeling the pukes much sooner. But not as bad as when I finally felt them last time. I'm hoping I don't feel as awful as I did last time for the sake of being able to keep up with DS. Otherwise, things are status quo.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

• Options
    dr_prdr_pr member
    This one feels basically the same as the last one did.  I'm more tired, but that's because of the 2 year old, not the tiny blueberry inside of me!  I have so far avoided bleeding at all, which I definitely appreciate, but all the other symptoms are the same as they were with G at this stage!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Very different so far compared to my last.
  • Options

This is #4 for me.

My first pregnancy (boy) was a breeze. All day nausea for about 2 weeks (but no vomiting) and I was fine the rest of the pregnancy.

2nd pregnancy (girl) I found out how lucky I had been. I was sick and exhausted as soon as I got my BFP through most of the 2nd trimester. Once the vomiting was over, I swelled up like the Elephant Woman. I wore compression socks, but it didn't help a whole lot. When I took them off in L&D triage, the nurse gave me a really worried look and said, "Does your doctor know about this?" Sooo comforting.

3rd pregnancy (girl) was a mix of the two. More m/s than #1, but not as bad as #2 and nowhere near as much swelling.

So far this one seems to be most like #1. I'm not exhausted as much (which, after chasing 3 kids around during spring break, I am shocked by) and I am a little nauseous but no vomiting so far. Fingers crossed it goes as well as #1!

Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    This is baby #2 and I had some fatigue around 5 weeks with both, but my last pregnancy was very mild. No m/s. Just an overall easy pregnancy. Delivery was a different story though! Ha. This time I have more food/smell aversions and some nausea, but haven't been sick. Hoping thats all I get! I am just trying to eat whatever sounds good at the moment!
  • Options
    First pregnancy: naseaous every morning from 6-12 weeks then felt amazing. Very easy pregnancy.

Second pregnancy: nauseous from 4-18 weeks, never got my energy back and had a very hard opregnancy.

Third pregnancy: seems similar to my first pregnancy but not as bad of m/s yet. I'm 8w3d and not complaining!!
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So far pretty similar my nausea seems to be starting early like it did with #1. #2 I had a lot of nausea but less throwing up. My insomnia/heartburn has started which is earlier
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    So far is the same but it's magnified.  More sick, more tired, etc. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The first time, I was never sick or uncomfortable in the first trimester.  This time, I started out REALLY nauseated.  It has died down the last few days & is very minor now, but that has been the biggest difference so far!
  • Options
    Similar except this time around I have back pain and a ton of gas/bloating. I also felt symptoms a lot earlier this time. 
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• Options
    So far the main difference is experiencing fatigue and m/s a few weeks earlier this time is the only difference.
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All day naseous feeling, check.

All day tired feeling, check. 

So far the same.
  • Options
    With my first I was tired, but had it pretty easy. This time I am completely exhausted and have felt sick constantly, but I'm also carrying twins and am taking care of a toddler who has a terrible sleep schedule that I cannot fix.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    It's super early for me but so far they are similar with the exception that I'm starving! I'm so hungry. Last time I did not want food at all. But stuff changes weekly so we'll see

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    Pretty similar so far... with DD, I'm pretty sure I didn't get nauseous until 8 weeks or so, and my biggest symptom was sore boobs at this point. So, I'm waiting to see if/when I start feeling sick with this one..  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So far mine are different.

With DS, at this point I was exhausted and had super tender boobs. No MS ever (thank goodness).

Thus far, my only symptom is no AF. That's it. (No, I'm not complaining)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    Everyday is different with this one. Some days I'm fine, other days I'm exhausted, and nauseas. With my first I didn't have any nausea but this one I have had an upset stomach for the past few days. I'm always starving too!
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy and it is pretty much the same as my first two. Fairly severe nausea starting around 6 weeks, incredible fatigue, no breast growth (unfortunately!). We'll see if this kid also comes 9 days late as my other two did.
  • Options
    Its worse than last time and I had HG then too. I've already been given a prescription and this time I have horrible heartburn. I'm not as tired as I was the first time though, which is weird. I chase around a very busy (and just learning to walk) 9 month old.
  • Options
    This one is kicking my ass. My other 4 were relatively easy in the beginning. I'm contributing it to my age? Or that I'm in tune with my body more? I can barely get out of bed, super nauseas. And tired.
    It's like a constant hangover.

• Options
    My first 2 were both easy pregnancies- nauseous a lot in first tri but no vomiting. The 2nd time I was a lot more tired b/c I had a toddler to take care of and couldn't nap whenever I wanted to. My first two are only 18months apart. Both of my kids were over a week late, first was induced and second came on his own.
    So far I am only 4weeks along so no symptoms yet other than cramping which I remember with my first pregnancy. Hoping this baby will be just as easy especially since now I have 2 kids to watch.

• Options
    1st pregnancy : Awful m/s lasting until 16-18 weeks (lost 15 lbs). After that felt great until about 7 months - then PreE and bed rest until delivery.

2nd: Again with the m/s. More fatigue but maybe because I had a 2 year old and worked full time. Felt pretty good after 18 weeks until the week before delivery - PIH again and some swelling but only lasting that 1 week before she was born.

3rd: FATIGUE and M/S something awful - again til around 16 weeks. This was my most difficult although maybe that's because I was 10 years older than the first time around :)

Current: only 5w6d right now - other than fatigue, mild cramping on and off and bloating feeling pretty good. Hoping this one will be easy on me. FX
    Married 3/16/13
    Me 30 ~~~ DH: 42
    DS: 3/6/04
    DD: 4/14/07
    DS: 12/9/13
    Surprise BFP: 3/20/14  EDD: 11/19/2014

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't intro'd here, but I'm going to jump in.

My first pregnancy was easy.  I has nausea for about a week, somewhere around 8 weeks along.  And I was in bed an hour earlier every night for the first tri with my energy back full force second tri.

This time is much worse.  I'm nauseous all day, tired all day, and my toddler does not let me rest when I am home.  I knew I had it good the first time around - I was really hoping I'd be that lucky again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"