December 2011 Moms

Classic 'old' Disney movies anyone?

Are my kids the only ones who don't like the old classics? I bought a bunch of old ones, like the fox and the hound, the little mermaid, Pocahontas, the aristocats, lady and the tramp, etc and they have no desire to watch them at all. They actually think I'm crazy when I break out into song during the movies! I love them and they are just a no go with my kids. I do like some of the newer ones too, but they're just not the same. Dh has come to the conclusion that they have too much singing and not enough color and crazy animation as the movies today do. It kind of breaks my heart :( anyone had any luck with your old favorites being your kids faves too?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Classic 'old' Disney movies anyone?

• jesselayne8jesselayne8 member
    edited March 2014
    DD is in love with the little mermaid. She goes around singing ahhhhh ahhh ahhh. It's the only full length movie she has ever watched.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD LOVES Disney's "Robin Hood," the animated one with the foxes. It's the only movie she's ever watched from beginning to end, and she's seen it a lot (like, more than is probably healthy, but I'm in my third trimester and we'd just moved, so hey). I think she likes the fact that it starts immediately with an upbeat song. We've had no success with any other movies, Disney or not, although she does like the one scene in "The Aristocats" where the kitten plays the piano. 

"Robin Hood" is most definitely on Netflix, and we now have two DVDs for emergency car use :) Also, IKEA sells a stuffed fox that looks a lot like Robin Hood once you sew some green felt around him and give him a hat with a red feather.  

And this is totally AW, but we made a Christmas "movie" about her getting her "Robin Hood" toy. 

• @aravis121‌ that is super cute!!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • aravis121aravis121 member
    edited March 2014
    @jesselayne8: Thanks! We always have a lot of fun making them! 
  • My 4 year old will watch any of them and has seen most of them. She adores all the "princess" movies - Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (we have this one on VHS, the quality is really poor and our VCR is dying and sometimes cuts it off, but she STILL likes to watch it), Aladdin, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Brave, and especially The Little Mermaid. She also liked 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Dumbo, and Lion King. We haven't tried many with DD2 yet. We've decided to start having once a week movie night so we can introduce her to some of them. Last week was Frozen because it's new and they LOVE it. This week we're going to try Cinderella. I think it's a good early princess movie - it's not very long and there isn't anything too scary in it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DS wants a Hercules birthday party. Not sure how I'm going to pull that off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"