Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How long did you wait for AF to arrive after a natural MC before you contacted a doctor?

Hi ladies - So I have been through the gamut lately.  I know I haven't been on here lately, and it's mainly because of this stupid recurring UTI that has been making me miserable and causing me to spend all of my free time running to the doctor or the pharmacy.  Anyway, its been a month and four days since my natural m/c, which was a first time thing for me.  My first m/c was followed by a D&C so I am still trying to figure out what to expect after this m/c.  When I had an u/s on the day after I started bleeding last month, I was told by the doctor that I should have an "evaluation of my menses" in about four weeks, assuming I would get my period of course.  So now it is over four weeks and I have been having recurrent UTIs.  I had one last Sunday and got an antibiotic right away.  It seemed to work and symptoms disappeared.  I got retested for an infection and it was negative.  Then today, all the symptoms came back, I went to work, and went immediately back to the clinic and was told it had returned and am now on a new, stronger antibiotic.  I have been doing some Googling and discovered that any infection can possibly (but rarely) delay a menstrual cycle and I know for a fact that m/cs affect AF.  However, I am SO impatient for it come so that I can have my evaluation and was just wondering how long others have waited for AF to show.  It may end up being that last appointment I make with that gyno. since I am fed up with them (unless they have any good insight), so that is another reason why I can't wait to finally make it and be done.  Thanks for listening!
Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

Re: How long did you wait for AF to arrive after a natural MC before you contacted a doctor?

• It will largely depend on how high your hcg levels were and how far they had to fall. But 4-6 weeks is the most common timeframe.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Cool thanks @EllyD14‌. Hcg has been below zero since last Tues. so hoping AF comes soon
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"