High-Risk Pregnancy

*** Monday Bedrest Check-in ***

Hello ladies. I hope all of you had a great/relaxing weekend.

How did you sleep?

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings, or aversions?

Upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates? (Ticker change?)

QOTD: Sometimes people try to be helpful by offering various pieces of advice. What are some of the most useful tips you've received about bedrest, pregnancy, or parenting? What's the craziest or off the wall thing you've been told?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: *** Monday Bedrest Check-in ***

• Slept pretty well! I think I have found the right combo of not napping too late in the day, Mt. Pillow, and not chugging water right before bed so I don't have to get up too often. Victory!

Nothing new here. 29 weeks tomorrow! My next big goal is 32 weeks. 

Most useful advice for bed rest has been the suggestion to sign up for Netflix to keep me sane. For pregnancy, I would say the lemon drops to help with nausea in first tri. They were life savers. I have received so much crazy advice... one person asked me if my son has dwarfism because he "just looks really small." He is a preemie... and also a BABY. People have told us multiple times that DS wouldn't need therapy if we just tried this sippy cup/food/technique. My favorite is when someone told me that I should retry breastfeeding now that DS is a year old because "sometimes your milk comes back at a year." Oh. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• haziedazehaziedaze member
    edited March 2014
    Hi all, sorry to miss the last 2 checkins. We had a lovely weekend. I made it out of the house for a family playdate on Saturday and to church yesterday. I've started nesting hard core with DH as my errand boy. I sit and he does stuff, but it's making me feel good to check things off the list and he likes it too.

I slept like crap last night, was up 1:30-5am with contractions and then they got to every 3 mins and pretty intense for 2 hours today. I seriously thought my time had come and then this afternoon everything spaced out. I'm very relieved but so exhausted. I think my progesterone shot from this morning finally kicked in which makes me really wonder what the week of 4/7 is going to be like as it wears off.

So, 35 weeks today. Ah! That's the gestational age we brought DS home at! I think it's making me much more relaxed about bedrest and contractions, I have to keep reminding myself that we really want at least 2-3 more weeks. Today was my second to last Makena. Ultrasound and NST are Wed (edit) and then DS has a NICU followup appt Friday, so busy week!

Hmm... no real bedrest advice I've gotten. I've liked my Mindful Birthing book a lot and have talked about some of the strategies with my BFF who had her first 3/10 so that's been nice. Bad parenting advice abounds, but can't think of anything specific right now... I need a nap!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • How did you sleep? I was awake from like 230am-530am...

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings, or aversions? I'm just feeling generally uncomfortable. There's a discomfort under my right rib and I can't tell if it's from the baby moving around or if it's a pain I should be more worried about r/t pre-e.

Upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates? (Ticker change?) I hit 32 weeks yesterday! 2 more weeks until my 34 wk milestone. My next appt isn't until Thursday, I wish it were sooner!

QOTD: this isnt a completely crazy piece of advice, but my boss literally would tell me this every single time we talked about my pregnancy - "if there's any little updates or projects you want to do around your house, make sure you do them before the baby comes or you won't get them done for years!" Oh wait, you mean I'm going to be a little busy for a while after the baby's born and I won't be able to renovate the bathroom?? No way!
    And he literally told me this like 8 times. Weird.
  • Sleep sucks. It had been going alright but last night was terrible. At this point I'm more comfortable sleeping sitting up...

A few days ago I felt a hard little pouch of skin at the bottom of my tummy and it has the most painful stretch marks all around it.. weird/tmi? Anyways dr says it's because of the swelling.... boo. There stretch marks hurt/sting, my other stretch marks didn't hurt at all (just itched a little)

My bp and weight were alright today so thankfully it seems like pre-e isn't likely. I'm still going in on Thurs for another check up.

QOTD: I've had people tell me all kinds of things... I know they mean well, but come on.
    - about br "enjoy all the rest you can get because once baby is here you'll wish you could rest again" - ummm I'm not 100% sure but I more than likely won't wish for the 15+ weeks of not being able to do anything..
    - "rest now and when you get better you can do what needs to be done" - get better? I'm not sick. I'm pregnant!
    - the worst ones are from the older generations that are superstitious or didn't have the "luxury" to be able to "lay around all the time while pregnant" because they were "washing clothes by hand and hanging them out to dry all while taking care of 3 other kids" - as if I wouldn't choose for things to be different. (These comments were from my grandma and dh's grandma so I couldn't really say much in response:/)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • tracinttracint member
    edited March 2014
    @flerlgirl‌ I'm glad you found a comfortable sleeping arrangement for you. I'm jealous lol

@haziedaze‌, yeah for some outings!! Sorry the contractions have been so tough... just a few more weeks:) we're almost there!!!

@Sam0905‌, congrats on making it to 32weeks. 34 is right around the corner:)
  • I've been sleeping okay, it just takes awhile for my brain to shut off some nights.

My first big milestone is Wednesday - 28 weeks! Next goal is 32 weeks on April 23.

3 hour glucose test and another weekly check up tomorrow. Along with another weekly progesterone shot.

I've heard all kinds of pregnancy advice while I've been on bedrest. A co worker was texting me saying how it must be so nice to just lay around and watch tv. I smarted back with well must be nice to move around as you please not worrying if your uterus/cervix is going to act up and you wind up with a baby in the NICU.

My grandma actually told DH: well if the baby is born now he'll be fine. DH is like well define fine, she's only 26 weeks (at the time) pregnant so the baby would be in intensive care for at least 2 months.

And just as pps said people are always like well I hope you feel better. I tell them I feel fine, I'm not sick I have a body that doesn't cooperate well with being pregnant. I am doing all of this to keep my son inside as long as possible.

Only good advice I've received is from my aunt who also dealt with two high risk pregnancies as well. She's my voice of reason telling me to ignore all of the other peoples dumb comments, because unless you lived it you cannot truly understand how stressful it all is.

Sorry for the rant!

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"