Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Baby girl...

We went in for pathology results and found out our sweet angel baby was a girl. Of course I was not expecting the extreme sadness that came over me. I thought I was prepared to hear this but I really wasn't. After all, I've mourned our loss for over a month so I've gotten to a better place with sad days in between. I've always wanted a girl. We have a healthy 3 year old little boy and of course just yearn for a healthy baby but to hear we lost our girl was so devastating. Either way it's devastating but it was so hard to hear, "it was a girl." The word "was" should not go with a pregnancy conversation. 

At any rate, the other happy or sad news is that the baby had no chromosomal abnormalities. She appeared perfectly fine. My Mom said that was great news but for me I feel like it's harder to know she was healthy and my body failed me or it happened for no good reason? 

My OB has tested me for a clotting disorder and autoimmune disease. I should have those results back in a few days. Until then, I want to thank each and every one of you. I found so much comfort on this board and still do. 

Re: Baby girl...

• First of all I'm very sorry for your loss. I know the feelings your going through, and I know its a double edged sword hearing that. I was told my son's spina bifida was caused by my folic acid deficiency. We already have a daughter so knowing we lost a son was hard. I feel your pain honey. Positive energy, healings and hugs to you.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard it was to receive this information. Hugs.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs! Like Qanda said, I hope that you get a treatable answer soon.
  • I am so sorry for your loss and so sad for you. My OB didn't tell me the sex of our baby. We didn't ask. Part of me wants to know but the other part of me feels as though I won't be able to handle it. I feel like I know the sex of both my angel babies, the first a boy and the second a girl. I just have a feeling. The same feeling I had when I was pregnant with DS and knew it was a boy.

We were also told the baby was perfectly healthy. That news hurt me more than I expected it to. Would I have wanted the baby to have some chromosomal problems and have to worry about that for future pregnancies? No...but now there is this extreme guilt. I know all too well the pain you are feeling and again, I am so so sorry.
  • Thank you all. This is certainly a faith journey. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Hang in there and hopefully you get the test results back soon. Good thoughts to you.

Married: 9/25/10
    TTC # 1 since 5/2013
    BFP # 1: 2/7/14, mmc 3/12/14, D&C 3/19/14
    Boy, Trisomy 13, Karyotyping and Genetic Testing all normal
    Hysteroscopy and D&C 6/2/14, retained tissue
    Off the bench 7/14
    BFP # 2: 10/3/14, Blighted ovum, D&C 11/12/14
    Girl, no chromosomal abnormalities detected
    RPL Testing: Pre-diabetic, ANA+
    "I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart) I am never without it." - e.e. cummings

• Tests results are inconclusive. My progesterone was very low (5) so I really think it's hormonal related. 
  • I'm sorry for your loss.

The doctors where not able to tell us what we where having but a few nights ago a month after our loss I said to my husband I think we where going to have a girl and he turns to me and he goes from day 1 I was 100% sure it was a girl. This has given me some closure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"