Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

new m/c with cytotec

I'm new to this board but my husband and I had been TTC for 2 1/2 years.  This past year we have been working with fertility docs and were able to conceive in Nov. but then I had a natural mc at 5 wks.  I was able to conceive again but when we went for our 7wk check for pole and hb there was just the yolk sac.  I decided I would rather not have a D&C and decided on cytotec and to go through it at home.  I bled heavily the first day and a half then it let up a lot.  I'm going on day 4 today and woke up cramping again with bleeding more like my period.  Sorry for all the info I was just trying to see if any one else had similar experiences.  I talked to my doc this morning and they informed me this was normal and that I may bleed for 4-6 weeks on and off.  I go in thursday for a HCG check to make sure it's dropping. I just don't want to have to go through a D&C after all of this.

Re: new m/c with cytotec

• That sounds normal. I am so sorry for your loss. I used cytotec with my mmc (baby measured 8 weeks) and the first does did not work. Had to have a second stronger dose. Then that night i had intense, what I imagine to be labor like, pains. Growing in intensity and closer together, until I felt a pop, and the sac came out. Then it was like having a period for the next few weeks.
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

• I don't have advice as I never took that medication. I will say that I did miscarry naturally at home for one of my miscarriages and that seems like the normal progression. It's definitely a longer process that unfortunately seems to get worse before it gets better. Once the worst part is over, you will usually know. I would, if you feel comfortable, have a prescription written up for pain meds in case you find you need them. If the pain gets worse and your doctors office is closed it may be helpful to you.

I am so sorry for the pain, physically and emotionally that you're going through. I am happy you found this board for support. I didn't have this board my first miscarriage either but have found it very comforting this time around.
  • Loading the player...
  • **siggy warning**

no advice on that medication but I want to say I am sorry for your losses.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Sorry for your loss.

I took cytotec also.  My 1st appointment after taking cytotec was 8 days later. I was still bleeding and had not passed everything. So they gave me another dose of cytotec and had another sono 8 more days later. At my second appointment enough had passed that they felt my body will just absorb the rest. I bled for 4 weeks exactly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry for your losses. I took the cytotec route, too, but my son was at 19 weeks already so I had to deliver him in the hospital. That was three weeks ago and I'm still bleeding off and on every day.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• Ticker warning

I took a different medication. I don't have it in front of me to spell it right now, misoprostal or something? I took it wed night and I had cramps and heavy bleeding with clots within hours. I thought everything was out but kept having cramps off and on. This morning I woke up with bad cramping and heavier bleeding and I passed a huge clot or what I think was actually the sac. I don't have an appointment for another three weeks. I was told to take a pregnancy test in a couple weeks. If my cramping doesn't stop I will call and go in sooner.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"